Zimbabwe vs Afghanistan 2nd odi 06/06/2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Zimbabwe vs Afghanistan 2nd odi 06/06/2022

Post by Jemisi »

It is ugly in a way that does seem different to previous circumstances. I think with Taylor, Hami, Williams, Cremer and Jarvis we knew they were good enough to grab wins here and there and beat the little guys. Now we are struggling to find batsmen capable of building any sort of innings against associates.

Googly

Post by Googly »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:59 pm
tej_27 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:23 pm
Sorry to read this bro ..what's the reaction from the crowd in general ? How are they taking this defeat after defeat
Today it was brutal. The people I was chatting with and sat nearby were furious, including an old fella who said he used to play with Makoni 20 years ago and used to support the ZC board....but has totally turned over the last few months.

Kudet's video above was filmed Saturday. The atmosphere around me today felt much worse than that.

If this team doesn't get a win soon things will get ugly. A 6-0 defeat and it will be carnage. I sense there's people on manoeuvres already....
And I really wasn't joking about the 6-0 vs 4-2 thing either

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Tiripano will be tough to get rid of because the senior players love him too. That selection is not just on Rajput and co. Trust me. He is very liked across the whole system. I mean him batting at 4 in a T20 says it all.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I never realized how important Wellington and Ngarava are to the balance of this team. Ngarava is much better than everybody else besides Blessing and it is also now clear that he is the fastest bowler we have. Chivanga will struggle in this format at the highest level.

A good bowling coach can turn Ngarava into a monster. Wellington is key in the limited overs stuff with Williams MIA

Googly

Post by Googly »

We need to get smashed with our full strength side. Whilst even one guy is missing or a player has a sore finger there will be the excuse that we actually are very good and can compete.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Another issue is everyone thinking decent coaching fixes everything. Nobody is learning that lesson. We've have endless coaches. Sure they make a bit of a difference, especially if they have the players' respect and can help them with the mental aspect. But hoping a coach can turn Ngarava into a monster is wishful thinking. He's decent enuf and can crank it up and he's a leftie, has some good attributes for sure. But if he hasn't yet learnt a big in-ducker into the right hander in his own time, does he need someone to hold his hand and try and teach him. He's had since he was 15 to get it right. Some shit you have to learn all by yourself and not go- oh woe is me I didn't get the right coaching.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Jemisi wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:12 am
It is ugly in a way that does seem different to previous circumstances. I think with Taylor, Hami, Williams, Cremer and Jarvis we knew they were good enough to grab wins here and there and beat the little guys. Now we are struggling to find batsmen capable of building any sort of innings against associates.
Brendan was a world class player, the kind of player who can win you games from any stage. Even if he is not in form, you know what he was capable of. There is no player right now in that calibre. Not even close.

Taibu was a brilliant player, Willo and Cremer were good, Mazakadza, as much as some may dislike him, he was still a class player when he got going. I dare say there is no one even in the class of Mazakadza right now.

What's worse, forget Blignaut, Streak or Brandes, Zim don't even have an all rounder as good as Elton Chigumbura right now and that speaks a lot.

Do we remember this team beat Australia in 2014 in a game with Utseya hitting a six off Starc. Can't even dream of doing that now. Team is literally finished.

Googly

Post by Googly »

And he's blowing after 3 overs. Does he need a headmaster to make him fit? Either you want to be the best you can be or you don't. Or you have someone take your spot and have to realise you need to up your game or you won't even make the side, never mind do well in it.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well they potentially have a decent all-rounder in Evans and Jongwe. Jongwe was the golden boy for years and never grabbed his opportunity and kicked on, he rested on his laurels and the train has left the station because he doesn't bowl quick anymore and he's let his batting slip. These guys don't know what hard work is.
Evans has a shot at being good, and they know it and they won't give him a chance. Do they need a decent all rounder or don't they? Are they holding out for a black guy?
ZC fiddling whilst Rome burns.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Said it before. So desperate for test cricket, we'll play it in the white ball game.