CRICKET IS DEAD IN ZIMBABWE

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: CRICKET IS DEAD IN ZIMBABWE

Post by Jemisi »

ZIMFAN wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:50 pm
I am just posting this to check I have made 100 contributions and don't miss the cut off.

Edit: Phew, way more.
Good one. I was thinking there would be a couple under that mark who could also be included.

Not sure if John Ward is passed the ton but we'd want him saved!

Kallum

Post by Kallum »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:27 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:42 am
Why would we want to lose test status, we don’t even play tests anyway and if anything it’s probably our strongest format :lol:

Sorry but I can’t get behind any kind of suspension or going back to being an amateur sport. That’s just asking for total self destruction. Unless you realy do want us to be competing with Swaziland and Ivory Coast.

We just need good people running the game and making good decisions.
I agree. Losing test status is not going to help. If we do, and the likes of TM walk away, I don't think anyone will stay behind to rebuild things. The reality is that we have talent in abundance, but most people just don't trust the board to stay around to commit to the game. Murray is a prime example. Quality player, yet the shit show of ZC means he, like many others, will be lost to the game. What we need is the ICC and other boards to tell ZC that they've had enough. Either ZC changes or they cut off the money until ZC changes personnel.
Yeah I think I agree with regards to keeping the test status but I guess what I meant was seeing it through the amountnof funding being granted to zc - the only real way I think you could get rid of the rot would be a deep cleanse in my opinion the likes zim rugby had yo go through for what night on 35 years - although you are certainly more knowledgeable on it than me

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Kallum wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:17 pm

Yeah I think I agree with regards to keeping the test status but I guess what I meant was seeing it through the amountnof funding being granted to zc - the only real way I think you could get rid of the rot would be a deep cleanse in my opinion the likes zim rugby had yo go through for what night on 35 years - although you are certainly more knowledgeable on it than me
Zim Rugby went through their rebuild partly when Zim as a country was still pretty good, and things were not as terrible. They also did so at the turn of the Millenium when the economy was in free fall, but there was no real money in Zim Rugby for anyone to want to take it.

Zim Cricket was $20M in profit and there was plenty to steal for years, so there was no rebuild at this time, just looting. There are many quality players who don't even make the domestic scene or A side because they see the shit show that it is now and just leave once they finish school. They could definitely make it as cricketers, but ZC is an utter shambles that there is no point in them pursuing it, so all we are seeing are those who have no other option stay behind and go the cricket path in the hopes of earning some decent money with the odd holiday tour thrown in.

At this point it really falls on the ICC and the other boards to say enough is enough. They need to be the ones to demand change. They keep enabling Mukhulani and co. Not to mention that the journalists in Zim are toothless suck ups who don't hold ZC to account.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Or maybe not! Looks like Dave said hold my beer when he saw this :lol:

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Thanks to the series win over Bangladesh, Zimbabwe have now climbed up to 11th in ICC T20I rankings.

This will help massively in qualifying directly for 2024 T20 WC.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Between all of us I'm sure we could keep a forum up and running if this one ceases to exist. Personally I prefer a forum to Discord or Reddit. Discord just seems like one giant chat where it gets difficult to keep things in different topics. Reddit has its uses but again I think a forum is preferable. While it is great to see that BRMT is still alive, I do think this forum has suffered from the lack of moderation over the last few years. It got a bit tiring constantly reading through posts from different users who were clearly the same person.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes