CRICKET IS DEAD IN ZIMBABWE

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: CRICKET IS DEAD IN ZIMBABWE

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:15 pm
but maehara on his forum profile has a link to his personal twitter and his last tweet is in Feb this year
Yup, had checked it earlier. He has been fairly active there in general.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:52 pm
Interesting that this conversation has moved from speculating about the death of cricket in Zimbabwe to speculating about death of ZCF admins! :)

Anyway, I hope both of them are hale and hearty and doing well...
:lol: :lol:

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
I haven't interacted much with Maehara Or BRM Taylor, but maehara on his forum profile has a link to his personal twitter and his last tweet is in Feb this year. If anyone who knows him can probably look to interact with him on Twitter.
Yeah just saw that myself. Says he's an IT guy and he retweeted a doctor who said the vaccine is safer than birth control...so the man has an education. He probably just felt out of place here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

So if you failed your board exams does that make you half educated?
I suggested before that you personally have as many vaccines and boosters as possible.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:42 am
Why would we want to lose test status, we don’t even play tests anyway and if anything it’s probably our strongest format :lol:

Sorry but I can’t get behind any kind of suspension or going back to being an amateur sport. That’s just asking for total self destruction. Unless you realy do want us to be competing with Swaziland and Ivory Coast.

We just need good people running the game and making good decisions.
I agree. Losing test status is not going to help. If we do, and the likes of TM walk away, I don't think anyone will stay behind to rebuild things. The reality is that we have talent in abundance, but most people just don't trust the board to stay around to commit to the game. Murray is a prime example. Quality player, yet the shit show of ZC means he, like many others, will be lost to the game. What we need is the ICC and other boards to tell ZC that they've had enough. Either ZC changes or they cut off the money until ZC changes personnel.

Zim Rugby is being run amazingly well. Some of the sponsors they have on board are big. Even their kit supplier is a quality brand. They have a proper set up and are doing things the current ZC board can dream of. They have a team playing regularly in an SA comp and the national side is getting regular game time too.

sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:47 am

I've been thinking the same that if there is no one to look after this site, then it might go off any time. I hope we find an alternative.
I discussed a Discord option and even set up something some time back, but the response was none. Would be very easy to run and no need to pay for servers or anything like that.

andrewn9

Post by andrewn9 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:31 am
sam_ahm wrote:
I haven't interacted much with Maehara Or BRM Taylor, but maehara on his forum profile has a link to his personal twitter and his last tweet is in Feb this year. If anyone who knows him can probably look to interact with him on Twitter.
Yeah just saw that myself. Says he's an IT guy and he retweeted a doctor who said the vaccine is safer than birth control...so the man has an education. He probably just felt out of place here.
:lol:

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Brmt is online

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Unlike cricket in Zimbabwe, I'm not dead. Zimbabwean cricket used to be fun to follow - and that's why it attracted so many foreign supporters, right? Even during the turbulence and craziness of the 2000s there was still something to look forward to - star players coming and going, the emergence of the class of 2004, etc. The early 2010s showed promise but that's all. What's fun about Zim cricket now in 2022?

As for the ZCF forums, I'm not sure what happens with the web hosting. It's a good point though - so what I've done is saved the username and email of the top posters (everyone with more than 100 posts). So if it does fall offline, I could find a way to reunite the gang. And I still have the www.brmtaylor.com website even though its been years since it was updated, so I could put something up on there to get the message out.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:52 pm
Interesting that this conversation has moved from speculating about the death of cricket in Zimbabwe to speculating about death of ZCF admins! :)

Anyway, I hope both of them are hale and hearty and doing well...
Indeed.

And if things do come to an end for zcf, thanks again for all the good times!

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:18 am
Unlike cricket in Zimbabwe, I'm not dead. Zimbabwean cricket used to be fun to follow - and that's why it attracted so many foreign supporters, right? Even during the turbulence and craziness of the 2000s there was still something to look forward to - star players coming and going, the emergence of the class of 2004, etc. The early 2010s showed promise but that's all. What's fun about Zim cricket now in 2022?

As for the ZCF forums, I'm not sure what happens with the web hosting. It's a good point though - so what I've done is saved the username and email of the top posters (everyone with more than 100 posts). So if it does fall offline, I could find a way to reunite the gang. And I still have the www.brmtaylor.com website even though its been years since it was updated, so I could put something up on there to get the message out.
Very good to hear from you mate