CRICKET IS DEAD IN ZIMBABWE

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: CRICKET IS DEAD IN ZIMBABWE

Post by CholeZimbo »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:18 am
Unlike cricket in Zimbabwe, I'm not dead. Zimbabwean cricket used to be fun to follow - and that's why it attracted so many foreign supporters, right? Even during the turbulence and craziness of the 2000s there was still something to look forward to - star players coming and going, the emergence of the class of 2004, etc. The early 2010s showed promise but that's all. What's fun about Zim cricket now in 2022?

As for the ZCF forums, I'm not sure what happens with the web hosting. It's a good point though - so what I've done is saved the username and email of the top posters (everyone with more than 100 posts). So if it does fall offline, I could find a way to reunite the gang. And I still have the www.brmtaylor.com website even though its been years since it was updated, so I could put something up on there to get the message out.
Good to have you back mate! Hoping you could admit some applicants stuck in the hallway whilst you are at it. :D

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Unlike cricket in Zimbabwe, I'm not dead. Zimbabwean cricket used to be fun to follow - and that's why it attracted so many foreign supporters, right? Even during the turbulence and craziness of the 2000s there was still something to look forward to - star players coming and going, the emergence of the class of 2004, etc. The early 2010s showed promise but that's all. What's fun about Zim cricket now in 2022?

As for the ZCF forums, I'm not sure what happens with the web hosting. It's a good point though - so what I've done is saved the username and email of the top posters (everyone with more than 100 posts). So if it does fall offline, I could find a way to reunite the gang. And I still have the www.brmtaylor.com website even though its been years since it was updated, so I could put something up on there to get the message out.
🙌

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Nice to hear from you mate!

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Good to see BRMT is well.
I hope he expunged the multi accounting troll whilst he was logged in who’s ruined the forum the last year or so.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

It would be good to have some admin control though.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:33 am
So if you failed your board exams does that make you half educated?
I suggested before that you personally have as many vaccines and boosters as possible.
Nah I'm not in this. It's more the guys who claim to have to work for a living yet still suffer the delusion that they are capitalists. Nothing will beat that level of cerebral incompetence.

BTW great to see BRMT back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:09 am
Brmt is online
:D :D :D yes he finally has come online

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Good to see you here!

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Jemisi wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:25 pm
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:52 pm
Interesting that this conversation has moved from speculating about the death of cricket in Zimbabwe to speculating about death of ZCF admins! :)

Anyway, I hope both of them are hale and hearty and doing well...
Indeed.

And if things do come to an end for zcf, thanks again for all the good times!
Yes indeed!

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

I am just posting this to check I have made 100 contributions and don't miss the cut off.

Edit: Phew, way more.