CRICKET IS DEAD IN ZIMBABWE

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Reverse_Sweep

Re: CRICKET IS DEAD IN ZIMBABWE

Post by Reverse_Sweep »

I feel like the game where UAE beat Zimbabwe killed Zimbabwe cricket.

Zimbabwe weren't same again after that loss.
Bangladeshi Man

Googly

Post by Googly »

Only ZC themselves know where they stand with ICC and how much pressure they are under, we can only guess at what is said behind closed doors. If they feel they can plod along as they are, getting raped in every game, and the money will keep flowing then that is what they will do because their interest is the money and not the cricket.
If they feel they can buy time by saying we've played our first full season and cleared a school ground then that's what they will do only.

The only "quick fix" is to get players back. All it is on the face of it is a bandage and not a cure, but it has spin offs. God forbid we win a couple or don't lose too badly and it can set off a chain of good events. Most importantly someone has to acknowledge that no matter how much you reshuffle the players it won't make a difference. How far are they off that? I think another few series of thorough beatings.

Only ZC know if there's real pressure or not.
Don't forget thats what they did with Goodwin and Johnson. Those guys realised they needed better players after one day not 25 years!

Our batting options, off the top of my head, are Cartwright, Ballance, Muyeye, Welch and Byrom.
The first two are proven good cricketers at the highest level.
Who knows where they stand or what price tag is attached. But everything is for sale!
Instant gratification at a price. They'd settle for way less than the chefs pay themselves to do fuck all except fuck it up. How unbelievably sad is that. Proof of why they're there.
It's about the money. Nobody is playing for King and Country, it's just a bonus. They rightfully want money! A 10-15 year career to make enuf cash to buy a house and have enuf loot to do something else post cricket.

The next 3 are a calculated gamble at a lower price. All 3 are right now significantly better than everyone but Ervine and Williams and may well end up being better. All 3 of them have unbelievable talent and drive and skills. Anyone who doesn't think so knows jack shit about cricket. All 3 could end up being fairly ordinary internationally, but take poison on the fact that they're significantly better than our batters, barring the two I've mentioned, and in all likelihood at least one or more may well become successful internationally. Plus we need depth, not only in the National squad, but all our teams. To date ZC have been more than happy with 6 good players in total and its backfired horribly and terribly. We play village cricket at every level. We're not even the laughing stock anymore, they've stopped laughing and they want our allocation of funds. It's not fair and everyone knows it!!
Assume all 5 were here. All 5 would make the team if selection was proper, that's the cold fact of it. We'd have a new look batting line up tomorrow that would immediately compete, certainly at Associate level and perhaps beyond with a bit of exposure. Our existing players would all but be gone and you'd see them smashing 500 balls a day in the nets to get their spots back and to no avail. These guys are just better players. That story of- it's not fair on the local players is laughable. Since when did ZC give a rat's arse about anyone? It's not about hurting people's feelings, it's about rescuing our cricket. One player doesn't do that, 4-6 is what we need. Bin 4 admin guys who don't do much anyway and it's a straight swap into better days!! Fact.

Googly

Post by Googly »

We could get Brydon Carse, Melton and Matigimu, guys who actually bowled express that put some serious heat on the batsmen, much like our guys have to face.
The difference between a decent player and a good one is not much, millimeters in fact and you don't see it all the time, but we need to find some good players and bring some pride back into our cricket. Its often the difference between a poor shot selection after theyre on 30, hence people thinking - we're almost there, if only they could fire as a team, be more conssistent, but unfortunately thats the difference between decent and good and our guys have had long enuf and they cannot make the jump. Its years now, how much time do they need to see the facts?
ZC cannot keep playing these games with serious money, providing sheltered employment and not delivering on anything.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:00 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:13 pm
I'm watching until the T20 qualifiers. That is it.

If Zim don't make it to a 16 team world Cup, then I'm out of here. I'm sure then most of us are out of here.
Been here since August 2009. If we don't get in, I'll be joining you.
I love the posters here who give insight from ground zero. Googly, zimfan1, secretzimbo etc, but the forum isn't the same.
I think Maehara may have potentially passed away maybe due to COVID? That's my only theory. Why would you not even respond to e-mails from your own website and clean it up for 2 minutes? Doesn't make sense and this is the only logical theory I can come up with.
The side is in free fall and when Sean Williams eventually retires (unless he already has) and Craig Ervine, we're bidding farewell to not just two excellent servants of Zimbabwe Cricket, but to a solid system that has long long been disbanded and cast aside.
I joined this forum after the 2018 WCQ debacle which I thought was the lowest point in ZC at the time, and probably still is. I was very disappointed and wanted to be a part of the forum to see where do Zimbabwe cricket go from here. O understand we have been through worse times before, but now we all are running out of patience.

I always had a soft corner for Zimbabwe cricket may be because as a 90s kid and having watched the team in late 90s and early 00s, I was so fond of this team, Andy Flower was one of my all time favt cricketers along with Sachin Tendulkar and Wasim Akram.

All the things that i loved ZC for are now gone, their fielding was second only to South Africa, sometimes even better, meaning arguably they were at times the best fielding aide in the world. They always punched above their weight and caused upsets, they were a very likeable team on the field, and it was fun to see them compete and beat the stronger nations time and again.

All that is gone now, what exactly should the fans cheer for? There is nothing left to be excited about.

There is a very good point mentioned by CholeZimbo, that Zim have now lost to almost every emerging team in the world. Ever other month we get to see so and so beat a full member for the first time and that full member is always Zimbabwe... I'm fed up of this. If ZC and players don't feel shame in this then I don't know what to say. As a fan it is embarrassing for me.

Googly

Post by Googly »

And the complete disrespect and contempt they show for the fans by not screening these games live here in Zim is absolute bullshit!!!!!
The rest of the word gets HD viewing and we get to watch interrupted feeds and a scorecard on Cricinfo!!!
The tragic part is everyone just shrugs their shoulders because they're used to being treated like arseholes.
People need to march on their head office and go- listen you bunch of shameless kretins, put the fucking cricket on TV or at the very least YouTube!!!
Shameless MF's.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:00 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:13 pm
I'm watching until the T20 qualifiers. That is it.

If Zim don't make it to a 16 team world Cup, then I'm out of here. I'm sure then most of us are out of here.
Been here since August 2009. If we don't get in, I'll be joining you.
I love the posters here who give insight from ground zero. Googly, zimfan1, secretzimbo etc, but the forum isn't the same.
I think Maehara may have potentially passed away maybe due to COVID? That's my only theory. Why would you not even respond to e-mails from your own website and clean it up for 2 minutes? Doesn't make sense and this is the only logical theory I can come up with.
The side is in free fall and when Sean Williams eventually retires (unless he already has) and Craig Ervine, we're bidding farewell to not just two excellent servants of Zimbabwe Cricket, but to a solid system that has long long been disbanded and cast aside.
You’ve been threatening to leave as well since August 2009 😅

Although I’ve wondered if Maehara died too. Also I wonder what happened to BRMT.
The reason I fear for the latters health is it seems highly weird how someone who was an obsessed fan, who is an admin of this site, made no appearance here during the Drama earlier this year with Brendan.
Even if he was over it I’m surprise he didn’t make an appearance to close that part of himself out. He had a Brendan Taylor dedicated website!

And if Maehara is dead, then it’s a matter of time until this site one day is not working due to domain name not being renewed. I think I recall him saying it’s yearly at about 80 bucks.
By my calculation that day the site drops off the face of the earth is going to be very close.

This place is a historical treasure chest of records if nothing else so I fear that time. It’s why I haven’t seriously considered a breakaway forum/Reddit sub that is actually moderated.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:52 pm
Word around the centurion today was that it will cost over 250k+ to sever Rajput’s contract.

Why the heck did they offer him a new contract last year wtf. Absolute madness.
I reckon ZC would be good at finding a clause to severe wit no payout due to not fulfilling contractual obligation or even bringing ZC into contempt by tweeting IPL shot during games.
ZC threaten a hard sack.
Rajput argues
Then they settle on a 50k payout. Easy.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

And worst case they can just resort to their ghetto Thugg Life tactics which they have not been above in the past historically.

There is no way little Rajput will have any sort of stomach for the savagery of Africa

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:19 am
And worst case they can just resort to their ghetto Thugg Life tactics which they have not been above in the past historically.

There is no way little Rajput will have any sort of stomach for the savagery of Africa
:lol: :lol: :lol: You sure have a way with words

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I don't think the ICC will put any pressure on the board. As things stand, just having another side that is there get by is enough for them to keep an illusion of growth.

Afghanistan offer more to world cricket, especially with Rashid and Mujeeb, and even Nabi.

ZC was once that side, and fell so far, now no one really looks at us, nor wants to play us. Afghanistan has been a test side for so short and already consider us inferior.