Zimbabwe Vs Afghanistan | 3rd ODI | 9th June 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Afghanistan | 3rd ODI | 9th June 2022

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

I meant the press, to ZC. But yeah, obviously :)

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Both Wes and Shumba failing in all 3 matches was a disaster too. One would expect at least one good innings out of three from them even in the worst case. Well, things look very bleak.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Give Myers an over, nothing to lose now

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well that was actually tighter than it looked. We were unlucky not to pick up a couple more wickets, would have made it a nail biter.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:55 pm
Well that was actually tighter than it looked. We were unlucky not to pick up a couple more wickets, would have made it a nail biter.
Exactly the kind of comment i was afraid of after close fight or one match win ..Afghanistan were clearly complacent ..they started taking it seriously once they were 4 down. Muzarbani is only world class bowler chatara can be a good support ..but we were shit the entire series and serious introspection has to be done #gorajputgo

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Let’s be honest we were outclassed with bat and ball throughout the series. A spirited performance from Blessing and Larry today was commendable but we’ve been trounced all series.

The T20’s are our worst format and their strongest. It’s going to be rough and an absolute miracle if we win a single game from here. Confidence must be at an all time low and morale in pieces.

Let’s see what squad they pick. Surely the likes of Munyonga, Marumani, Madande and Evans have to be given a go. I’m not convinced they will do much better but they at least need a chance.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Wellington, Ngarava and Williams once again proving how valuable they are. Again our depth is totally nonexistent.

The problems are bigger than the coaching staff but come on - some players look to actually be declining and getting worse. Rajput had to go as a matter of urgency and probably Matsi should be in the same boat.

Klusener has a hell of a job ahead and he must be regretting it already. We probably have even less talent to work with now than we did when he was last here

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Everyone is taking it for granted that we will beat teams like Jersey and the USA or whoever and qualify for the World Cup but I honestly wouldn’t be so sure. Anything can happen in T20 cricket and the associates are constantly improving and will be right up for it.

We will be amongst the favourites but I wouldn’t bet much cash on it right now

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I've heard a lot of good things regarding Matsi. He works tirelessly with the batters, almost Grant Flower levels and is very open to the batters that he never fulfilled his potential, but he knew his game. I'd keep him on. I know we aren't doing great on the pitch but at least we have a coach who's really putting his all into the backroom side of things.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Congrats to myers on his first ODI wicket, many more to come.

More venenous than Tiripano and bats too. See i told ya 😂😂