Zimbabwe Vs Afghanistan | 3rd ODI | 9th June 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Afghanistan | 3rd ODI | 9th June 2022

Post by Donald »

They have been punished rightfully but gleaning personal satisfaction from this speaks of an immature brain. Has anyone ever heard of contrition or rehabilitation within ZC?

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:26 pm
Is there anything riding on this T20 series? There's no points or anything?
Just normal ranking points.

But thinking ahead to the next next T20 world cup (2024), the top 12 teams on the ICC Rankings will qualify automatically.

We are currently 12th.

If we aren't in the top 12 by the cut off (end of this year) then we end up in the Africa Qualifier round, possibly with Namibia. They are scrapping the global qualifier for 2024 and just having one in each region.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Donald wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:55 pm
They have been punished rightfully but gleaning personal satisfaction from this speaks of an immature brain. Has anyone ever heard of contrition or rehabilitation within ZC?
In Zim the crime is getting caught :lol:
Ya handled with absolute malice with the standard racial slurs. What hope do we have of moving forward?

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:40 am

I agree but they last time they tried to bring a change resulted in ZC getting suspended and as a consequence missed out on 2021 T20 WC.

There has to be a change otherwise I do agree that ZC is headed nowhere but then again that change has to be within the allowed limits of the ICC, I don't know how that will happen.
That's why I say the ICC and other boards are the ones to bring change, but they don't give a shit. When SRC stepped in, I may be wrong, but Mukhulani implored them to ban us. This way he could solidify his position and say, "see, look what they did to us, and to you the players". He's a politician and technically should not be in charge if the ICC cares about their No Politics policy.

When SA had government interference, they didn't get banned. Mukhulani is a greedy and selfish man who only cares about himself. SRC stepped in because the ZC election he won went against the ZC constitution and broke rules. No one pressed him on that. Instead he had his media cronies fighting for him and painting him as the good guy. To make things worse, guys like Hammy supported Mukhulani and backed him. Even when domestic players were getting $20 to play games, Hammy supported Mukhulani. Change needs to happen, but we need the factors outside of ZC to force it, because otherwise, we are heading nowhere quickly, and the game will die out.
secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:24 pm
He's also said his players are not 'hungry enough' and 'don't have a winning mentality' unlike 'people in my country, India, where we always want to win every game no matter what'.
The audacity of this man. It's his damn job to instil this in the players. It's also his job to develop the talent pool so he can have a strong squad when players are injured. He literally does not care about cricket in Zim, and is happy to get a pay cheque whilst we keep going downhill.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Mukhulani definitely complained to the ICC about govt interference and hence ZC got suspended. ICC doesn't interfere unless member board lodges an official complaint as we saw in the case of South Africa, and even Pakistan, Sri Lanka and India, where govt interference is highly prevalent.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Is Williams really going to come back? I remember in September when he wanted to quit he had something about 10 months left on his contract. Those months are almost up.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I think this series just reiterates what most of us have suspected for quite some time now: Zimbabwe are now a notch below Afghanistan. When this rivarly first started in 2014, the two teams were fairly evenly matches, with Afghanistan just a smidgeon ahead.

With the imminent end of the Big 3 (Williams, Ervine, Raza), the future is bleak. The Madhevere-Shumba-Myers brigade will have to improve a lot and do it quickly if Zimbabwe want to remain a top 12-13 side.

There just isn't much more to say.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

More like Madhevere-Shumba-Marumani brigade.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Zimco