Redeeming features of afghanistan tour

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Redeeming features of afghanistan tour

Post by Donald »

Ok ok im clutching at straws.... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

However hasnt innocent kaia done very well mainly. Looked like he belonged.

Blessing confirms what a great bowler he is. Possibly missing his normal chum ngarava to build pressure from both ends.
Nice to see myers back. He is someone to invest in for sure. Give the lad an extended run. It should bear fruit.

Anyone else?? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

slcricfan1

Re: Redeeming features of afghanistan tour

Post by slcricfan1 »

Donald wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:51 pm
Ok ok im clutching at straws.... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

However hasnt innocent kaia done very well mainly. Looked like he belonged.

Blessing confirms what a great bowler he is. Possibly missing his normal chum ngarava to build pressure from both ends.
Nice to see myers back. He is someone to invest in for sure. Give the lad an extended run. It should bear fruit.

Anyone else?? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Chatara is still a good third quick even if he does go for runs every third game or so

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Well the one positive I can think of is that these are some very good bowlers, spinners in particular are world class, so facing these bowlers now will make it easy to face the associate bowlers in T20 WCQ. That is for sure.

Also the Afghanistan batters have been disciplined and resilient, they will surely be bowling to lesser batters in the WCQ.

Add to it the fact that they've faced a pretty solid RSA A team not so long ago, I think Zimbabwe's chances of putting up a good show in WCQ increase.

What I mean is against big guns Zimbabwe will still lose, but against smaller nations, they should find it a lot easier.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Blessing bowled well. Raza batted well.

I don’t think there’s anything else.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya Raza has really matured as a batsman. The stats don't show that, but you can see his shot selection is way more thoughtful.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Kaia has had a good start. Nice defence, plays it nice and late and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Same story with a lot of Zim players, struggles to rotate. That defensive shot is just a dead block, no finesse that could perhaps nudge it off the square into a gap for a quick single. The scourge of a lot of our batters, past and present.
He's got a bit of poor stuff going on outside off that he needs to work on, but not bad at all....so far.
At this level the opposition does their homework and they exploit it from the get go and the bowlers are accurate enuf to put it where you don't like it with depressing regularity.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I rarely visit this forum anymore, nothing against ZCF itself, I have just lost interest after 20 years of decline, most of which was avoidable with good administration. I am surprised so many are still on here to be honest.

I think it is clear cricket in Zimbabwe is not returning to any former glories, the only question that remains is how far we will sink, will it be competing with Namibia (we are probably already there) or will it be sinking to Kenyan depths where beating Nigeria and Uganda will be viewed as a positive?

I don't mean to be a downer, but I'm not really sure what I'm cheering for anymore, what prospect is there of anything ever getting better? Cricket mirrors the country itself, does anyone really Zimbabwe turning itself around? It is surely too far gone, it would take decades of responsible governance to rebuild the country.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Good to see you Eugene.

I think we all feel similar tbh :lol: Although somehow I just can't kick the habit, no matter how much this team disappoints.