T20I Squad Vs Afghanistan

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

T20I Squad Vs Afghanistan

Post by secretzimbo »

No major changes. No Evans :lol:

Craig Ervine (C)
Reggie Chakabva
Tendai Chatara
Ryan Burl
Luke Jongwe
I Kaia
Clive Madande
Wes Madhevere
Milton Shumba
Tadiwa Marumani
Blessing Muzarabani
Dion Myers
Ainsley Ndlovu
Sikandar Raza
Donald Tiripano
Last edited by secretzimbo on Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

secretzimbo

Re: T20I Squad Vs Afghanistan

Post by secretzimbo »

Tiripano :lol:

1 wicket in his last 8 games.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

What's the point of the NPL T20 if none of the players who have dominated get called up.

Meanwhile they obviously don't like Evans at all. He must be feeling low right now, unless he's injured or something. Hope he keeps fighting, they can't ignore him forever and when the inevitable change in coach and selectors comes he'll probably get a good run.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

He has to be injured, or this organization is full of shit

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I'm not surprised at Evans omission, these guys are shit, but I'm surprised at Kevin Kasuza's non selection given the form he showed in NPL.

Googly

Post by Googly »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:25 pm
What's the point of the NPL T20 if none of the players who have dominated get called up.

Meanwhile they obviously don't like Evans at all. He must be feeling low right now, unless he's injured or something. Hope he keeps fighting, they can't ignore him forever and when the inevitable change in coach and selectors comes he'll probably get a good run.
It's proof that it's just a box ticking exercise, pure and simple. Kasuza earned a call up. I'd give him a spot ahead of anyone in that team based on his performances.
Evans is their plaything, psychological breakdown.
There will be such a time between T20's they'll just keep picking the same team, over and over and over.
It's just a family run business, accountable to nobody.

karthicks10
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by karthicks10 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:25 pm

Meanwhile they obviously don't like Evans at all. He must be feeling low right now, unless he's injured or something. Hope he keeps fighting, they can't ignore him forever and when the inevitable change in coach and selectors comes he'll get a good run
These sort of decisions are putting Zimbabwe cricket down.Few players are big match players irrespective of how they play domestic cricket (an examble is Marcus Trescothick). Evans on the look of his skills and body language seems to be a good pick in any Zimbabwe squad (tests/odi/T20) if not in playing 11s.They did it with P J Moor and now with Evans. Terrible selection.
Last edited by karthicks10 on Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

^ You got the quote thing the wrong way round!!

Anyway I’m glad they are at least trying Marumani again. It’s a shame he had a niggle during the Namibia series and couldn’t play. Afghanistan is a bit of a baptism of fire for anyone coming back into the team.

Yeah I’d have given Kasuza a go too, he might not be a long term option but he’s in red hot form right now - which is something literaly none of our other players are :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

ZC are looking for just one win to trot out the "we're rebuilding, results are starting to show" claptrap.
Reggie with yet another start. Every player on the planet has to sit out if they don't make runs and if someone else makes runs in their place then that's how the cookie crumbles, except here, of course. No accountability. Nothing against the players, but the organisation deserves to get trounced again.

karthicks10
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by karthicks10 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:51 pm
^ You got the quote thing the wrong way round!!

Anyway I’m glad they are at least trying Marumani again. It’s a shame he had a niggle during the Namibia series and couldn’t play. Afghanistan is a bit of a baptism of fire for anyone coming back into the team.

Yeah I’d have given Kasuza a go too, he might not be a long term option but he’s in red hot form right now - which is something literaly none of our other players are :lol:
Edited the quote 👍