2nd T20I vs Afghanistan, 12th June

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 2nd T20I vs Afghanistan, 12th June

Post by secretzimbo »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK_NmYy ... =3-mob.com

Journalist; 'Is your strike rate something you need to improve and work on?'

Kaia; 'no'.

Fuuuuuck we really have no chance. Have none of the coaches had the balls to tell him his performance was one of the main reasons we lost the game? As expected, his match-losing tortoise-like 50 off 20 overs has secured his place in the team for the next decade :lol: :lol: :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

Who are these reporters and where do we read their articles. Oh for a decent independent sports reporter somewhere here. Oh for The Herald of old.

It's ZC that put him front and centre so they're obviously happy with his performance. Do the reporters ask to speak to whichever players they choose or does management say- you'll be interviewing this guy. I understand the two captains and the MoM.

Kaia has looked pretty solid these last few games which is a real positive. Interesting that he said his role was to bat the innings. That's a big task and not easy to do at better than a run a ball against this bowling attack. I'll definitely be watching tomorrow. Let's hope he has a good day and sharpens his maths skills a bit. Assume he bats the innings and faces half the deliveries. That's 60 runs. That leaves 60 deliveries to get 120 runs which means the other batters have to get 2 runs per delivery to post 180. Hope he and whoever advised him read this :lol:
On a decent pitch the absolute slowest he could be is 50 off 40. That would leave the others 80 deliveries to get 130 for a 180 total.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:05 pm
It was his finger/hand/wrist I think. He was definitely rushed back for Namibia but it should be fine by now, not sure it can be used as an excuse forever.

He’s known to be pretty broken though and plays regularly through the pain barrier with niggles a lot. If he was a slightly better batsman he probably would have given up the gloves by now and be playing as a batter.
Damn was hoping that was the reason he was playing so badly. Not goood :( :(

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:23 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK_NmYy ... =3-mob.com

Journalist; 'Is your strike rate something you need to improve and work on?'

Kaia; 'no'.

Fuuuuuck we really have no chance. Have none of the coaches had the balls to tell him his performance was one of the main reasons we lost the game? As expected, his match-losing tortoise-like 50 off 20 overs has secured his place in the team for the next decade :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why does he look like he is speaking before a rap concert?

Everything is so messed up in our system. There's no standard or decorum. No wonder we dropped below Oman in the ODI rankings.

Googly

Post by Googly »

We copy what's supposed to be done very badly. It's embarrassing beyond belief.