2nd T20I vs Afghanistan, 12th June

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: 2nd T20I vs Afghanistan, 12th June

Post by CholeZimbo »

Also, just watching Anderson and Broad bowling and just seeing the skill there even at pace of 128-135kmh. Our quicks just don't bowl in the right areas consistently enough. You need 5-6 good bowls per over, with us it is as low as 1-2, then just garbage for the rest of the over. Is accuracy trained?

Googly

Post by Googly »

:lol: I guess some bowlers find it a lot easier than others.
A repeatable action and wrist. Talent and hard work.
It's throughout county cricket, which I watch a lot of. Every team has seamers that bowl immaculate line and length over and over. The bowlers give nothing away, but Anderson is the Grand Master in English conditions.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:49 am
It's throughout county cricket, which I watch a lot of. Every team has seamers that bowl immaculate line and length over and over. The bowlers give nothing away, but Anderson is the Grand Master in English conditions.
Have you moved to the Uk now googly?
Fancy a few jars 🍻 this summer?!

Googly

Post by Googly »

I'm back and forth at the moment. Will look u up next time I'm in London

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:50 pm
I'm back and forth at the moment. Will look u up next time I'm in London
Splendid

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Googly wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:49 am
Yeah but then they get relatively pumped when they come to Australia. Josh hazlewood, is a more rounded bowler. English bowlers rely on swing which is good in English conditions. Overall the English bowlers did fairly well on the aus tour, it was more the batsmen that struggled.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:40 am
Also, just watching Anderson and Broad bowling and just seeing the skill there even at pace of 128-135kmh. Our quicks just don't bowl in the right areas consistently enough. You need 5-6 good bowls per over, with us it is as low as 1-2, then just garbage for the rest of the over. Is accuracy trained?
Anderson and Broad are a couple of ATG with decades of experience. No point comparing them with Donald Tiripano lol. Btw Zimbabwe`s bowling is not really the problem barring the spinner. Its the batting

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Googly wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:00 am
TapsC2 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:27 am
I think they should seriously try Burl up the order to see what happens. I'm not too sure about Kasuza but he is a man in form just like Kaia. It could work.

Kaia was struggling so badly but still got to 50. That shows that there is something to work with there. I think he could be handy in ODIs. Klusener has to work on both Kaia and Kaitano for the Australia tour I think. If Williams doesn't come back we will need to maybe push Ervine to 4 and Regis at 3. I don't think there will be much spin there so Kaitano could do ok.
Taps I don't know why you've automatically penned Chakabva in at 3. Seems to be a trend with everyone. The guy has to make runs or make way.
Isnt he injured right now? He was doing excellently a year ago

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:24 pm
Googly wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:00 am
Taps I don't know why you've automatically penned Chakabva in at 3. Seems to be a trend with everyone. The guy has to make runs or make way.
Isnt he injured right now? He was doing excellently a year ago
I keep reading about Chakabva's injury here. What exactly is it? How badly is he affected? Surely if he is not 100%, ZC selectors don't need a second invitation to give some more matches to Richie?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

It was his finger/hand/wrist I think. He was definitely rushed back for Namibia but it should be fine by now, not sure it can be used as an excuse forever.

He’s known to be pretty broken though and plays regularly through the pain barrier with niggles a lot. If he was a slightly better batsman he probably would have given up the gloves by now and be playing as a batter.