2nd T20I vs Afghanistan, 12th June

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
slcricfan1

Re: 2nd T20I vs Afghanistan, 12th June

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:47 am
Googly wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:29 am
Then where do u put Kaia? He will be part of the plans I'm sure.
Who goes when/if Williams returns?
With Shumba not bowling should he be in the side? How do you have a guy in as a batsman way down the order that doesn't bowl?
Myers has potential with bat and ball, for me more so than Milton, but the game is played in the middle, doesn't matter what you look like, its runs on the board that counts.
That Afghan batsman that flat bats everything is offensive but effective :lol:
How long do they persevere with Reggie? Loss of form is one thing, but this is not looking good.
No. I won't have Kaia in my team. He is not needed when you have two accumulators in Williams and Ervine and both are better than Kaia. Don't need three such players.

Myers is not even in my squad, you cannot be out of the game for an year and then expect to be in the team. Not at all.

I'll have Shumba, he has shown immense promise in the past, more so than Wes, Myers and Burl so i won't let recency bias impact his position.
I was thinking that if Zimbabwe didnt keep Myers in the squad, he might be disillusioned and leave cricket altogether depriving Zimbabwe of that sough-after depth. Of course any other country and something like this would never happen but given the rather precarious nature of Zimbabwe cricket....

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well he's at uni. Goes back in September anyway. Basically he's on English summer break. He's already played for Zim so he's locked in for 3 years and doesn't have another passport that I'm aware of.
Pretty sure he's committed anyway, just wants a degree which is a fair call.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Chakabva's leadership is crucial at the moment. He sets the fields and yesterday you could even hear him telling Ainsley where to bowl and the batsman's favourite hitting areas. There just isn't an alternative for him and this is why I was saying Dane Schadendorf has to be on their priority list.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I think they should seriously try Burl up the order to see what happens. I'm not too sure about Kasuza but he is a man in form just like Kaia. It could work.

Kaia was struggling so badly but still got to 50. That shows that there is something to work with there. I think he could be handy in ODIs. Klusener has to work on both Kaia and Kaitano for the Australia tour I think. If Williams doesn't come back we will need to maybe push Ervine to 4 and Regis at 3. I don't think there will be much spin there so Kaitano could do ok.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Getting a run a ball 50 posting, is one thing, but chasing is a different matter. Had he changed gear it would still have been marginal and he'd have had to have done that by ball 30.
It's a tough one. People look at 50 as good, but a run a ball 50 chasing 170 loses you the game. I've seen it a couple of times in the T20 blast and the county twitter feed bigs up the 50 but there's no context to it.
It's not too dissimilar to a seamer getting expensive wickets. You get 3 for 50 in your 4 overs and you've probably cost your team the game.
The keepers are usually responsible for the angles of the fielders more than actually setting the field

Googly

Post by Googly »

TapsC2 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:27 am
I think they should seriously try Burl up the order to see what happens. I'm not too sure about Kasuza but he is a man in form just like Kaia. It could work.

Kaia was struggling so badly but still got to 50. That shows that there is something to work with there. I think he could be handy in ODIs. Klusener has to work on both Kaia and Kaitano for the Australia tour I think. If Williams doesn't come back we will need to maybe push Ervine to 4 and Regis at 3. I don't think there will be much spin there so Kaitano could do ok.
Taps I don't know why you've automatically penned Chakabva in at 3. Seems to be a trend with everyone. The guy has to make runs or make way.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

I'd definitely bat Chakabva up the order in Tests btw (Although whether we will play another one before he and others retire is anyones guess) as his career red ball record fully deserves it - he's too good to be at 7 or 8 in that format. But the experiment up the order in T20's at least clearly hasn't worked for him.

There'd be an argument for batting him at 7 or 8 in white ball and giving him the captaincy.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Evans played in boozers league instead of the Vigne Cup this weekend btw. Sure fire way to annoy the selectors.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Eeish that's not good.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:22 am
Evans played in boozers league instead of the Vigne Cup this weekend btw. Sure fire way to annoy the selectors.
Any clarity on why he wasn't picked?