Dave Houghton Head Coach

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Dave Houghton Head Coach

Post by sam_ahm »

That zimbabwe will not qualify for 2023 WC is almost a given, neither do I think any new team will, it will be exactly the same set of 10 teams that played in 2019.

But then who knows? Strange things have happened in cricket when you least expect them!

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:23 am
That zimbabwe will not qualify for 2023 WC is almost a given, neither do I think any new team will, it will be exactly the same set of 10 teams that played in 2019.

But then who knows? Strange things have happened in cricket when you least expect them!
I think WI have real potential to miss out in the qualifier. They wouldn't have qualified last time either if it wasn't for some exceptionally bad umpiring that went in their favour.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:28 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:23 am

I think WI have real potential to miss out in the qualifier. They wouldn't have qualified last time either if it wasn't for some exceptionally bad umpiring that went in their favour.
You are right SZ, actually Afghanistan have got Zimbabwe's number, there is a greater possibility of ZIM beating WI or SL than beating AFG.

No disrespect to SL but I think ZIM does fancy pulling an upset win over them or WI more so than over AFG these days.

The bigger problem atm is that for WI to drop down to below 8, RSA will have to win some games against really good sides in the next 8 months.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Sri Lanka are building a serious LOI side right now. We won't touch them

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:13 pm
Sri Lanka are building a serious LOI side right now. We won't touch them
Sl`s inconsistent. Some luck and if you guys manage to bounce out our top order it will be intresting

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Don't know where to post.But this is how people thinks about zimbabwe cricket nowadays :!:

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cricke ... 22-07-28?u

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

I hope he does come, and I hope he fails - it will be so hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: Nearly three years since he scored a century in international cricket. How many has Sean Williams scored in that time? 4? And he's probably played a quarter of the matches.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If that doesn't fire up the Zim bowlers then nothing will.
That's a double glove slap.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Ya that doesn't surprise me at all, Zimbabwe's reputation has hit rock bottom in the world of cricket. Even below Ireland tbh.

I think Brendan was the last of the well recognized and respected ZIM player, now some people know about Muzarabani and Raza, otherwise casual fans don't even know ZIM players names.... A big change from the times of Flowers, Streak, Campbell, Johnson, Olonga, Blignaut .. common names on a fans known list.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Houghton in Mukuhlani's good book :P

https://youtu.be/mImBL9_cFLs