Dave Houghton Head Coach

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Dave Houghton Head Coach

Post by secretzimbo »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:38 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:46 pm
^ Yeah the hate in SA towards especially black Zimbos is really intense.

I wish I knew enough about rugby to care about the Sables :lol: Just never been a sport I could get into. Being forced to play it in school and getting smashed all over the place put me off for life :lol:
I’m very perplexed personally why rugby is continuously brought up in this forum. Everything is compared to Rugby. Never tennis, golf, soccer etc.

I’m a rugby fan of both codes myself, and played it at a high level, but I just don’t understand the continual mentions and comparisons.
Even made a sub forum for it on this cricket site.
There's a lot of crossover here as basically all the cricket schools are also good rugby schools etc. A lot of people played both.

Also the Zim rugby board seems to be pretty well run and on the up in recent times from what I've seen!

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:42 pm
slcricfan1 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:03 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:00 pm

Also… why do you think he could have posted good stuff?
His ‘best’ contribution was either inane generic observations that even the most casual of cricket fans could make, or analysis that is completely at odds or ignorant of the political climate and history of ZC/Zimbabwe.
The last could be forgiven, except he lashed out at us when it was pointed out to him.
Secret started off pretty nice to him, I was the one that picked him as the troll. SZ gave him the benefit of the doubt at first.
Dude was posting like decent stuff at the start. And yeah it was basic but eh that can be forgiven imo. Quickly spiralled after a month or so though unfortunately
What decent stuff?
I say it was just an attempt to restart and tone it back.

What people must understand, and spread this far and wide, is that this guys current troll incarnations were made on the back of him getting banned for blatant racism.
I’m not talking racial topics, or thoughts, but rants how blacks are monkeys and shit.
All rants in capital letters.

The mods should have Ip banned him.
Dont care enough to defend him lol

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Can anyone help me out on getting some over to the UK? I honestly don't care how much. Its my old mans birthday in August and I want to get him a little sip of the motherland

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Wait, was Raj finally banned? :lol:

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:37 pm
Wait, was Raj finally banned? :lol:
He Is either banned or he made good on his promise to leave that just happened to coincide on BRMTs brief return here.

Don’t pop the Hennessy just yet though, at least two of his three other known sock accounts are still active.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:16 pm
Can anyone help me out on getting some over to the UK? I honestly don't care how much. Its my old mans birthday in August and I want to get him a little sip of the motherland
Try one of the Zim Shops over there

Googly

Post by Googly »

Or order thru them

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:42 pm
slcricfan1 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:03 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:00 pm

Also… why do you think he could have posted good stuff?
His ‘best’ contribution was either inane generic observations that even the most casual of cricket fans could make, or analysis that is completely at odds or ignorant of the political climate and history of ZC/Zimbabwe.
The last could be forgiven, except he lashed out at us when it was pointed out to him.
Secret started off pretty nice to him, I was the one that picked him as the troll. SZ gave him the benefit of the doubt at first.
Dude was posting like decent stuff at the start. And yeah it was basic but eh that can be forgiven imo. Quickly spiralled after a month or so though unfortunately
What decent stuff?
I say it was just an attempt to restart and tone it back.

What people must understand, and spread this far and wide, is that this guys current troll incarnations were made on the back of him getting banned for blatant racism.
I’m not talking racial topics, or thoughts, but rants how blacks are monkeys and shit.
All rants in capital letters.

The mods should have Ip banned him.
Oh! I didn't knew that, Surely I wasn't around when that happened.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see Gary Brent has Ray Price working with the ladies.
Price and ZC need to put their differences behind them, this man has a tremendous amount to offer as an off spin coach (dunno about leggies) and to potentially help instil some real dog fuck into our men's team. Probably the angriest spinner in the history of cricket :lol: Might have to get into the rule book to clarify what can and can't be said these days because he used to tear the arse right out of it :lol:

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:28 pm
I see Gary Brent has Ray Price working with the ladies.
Price and ZC need to put their differences behind them, this man has a tremendous amount to offer as an off spin coach (dunno about leggies) and to potentially help instil some real dog fuck into our men's team. Probably the angriest spinner in the history of cricket :lol: Might have to get into the rule book to clarify what can and can't be said these days because he used to tear the arse right out of it :lol:
Is he still an air-conditioning salesman? :lol:

He was a great player - loved his attitude, bit of a nutter!

Brent has obviously opened a lot of doors for the women's team. They seem to be based at OGs and have been playing a lot of practice games against some of the Bakers Inn boys junior teams. Douggie Marillier did some coaching with them too, think I saw that on their twitter a while ago too.

Hopefully Dave can do the same for the men.