Bangladesh squads for ZIM tour

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Bangladesh squads for ZIM tour

Post by Kriterion_BD »

T20I squad: Munim Shahriar, Anamul Haque Bijoy, Liton Das, Afif Hossain, Nurul Hasan Sohan (Captain), Mahedi Hasan, Nasum Ahmed, Taskin Ahmed, Shoriful Islam, Mustafizur Rahman, Mosaddek Hossain, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Mehedi Hasan Miraz, Parvez Hossain Emon.

ODI squad: Tamim Iqbal (Captain), Liton Das, Anamul Haque Bijoy, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah Riyad, Afif Hossain, Nurul Hasan Sohan, Mehedi Hasan Miraz, Nasum Ahmed, Taskin Ahmed, Shoriul Islam, Mustafizur Rahman, Hasan Mahmud, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Mosaddek Hossain, Taijul Islam.
Full strength squad for the ODIs (minus Shakib). Shanto hopefully will continue to bat at 3, and score should score big to get his career rolling in ODIs. I would also like to see Mosaddek get some chances up the order, especially if we're chasing low totals. Hoping we bat first in all 3 ODIs so that everyone gets a chance to bat.

T20 side is completely chaotic at the moment, Nurul has been named the captain, but only for this series. No Mushfiqur or Mahmudullah, with Tamim already retired.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Donald

Re: Bangladesh squads for ZIM tour

Post by Donald »

The one day matches have no real context for zimbabwe now as they are not part of SL points system.

20 20 matches will be good preparation for world cup and also to ensure we are in 12th place come cut offs for 2024 world cup in america

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Well the SL is canceled now anyways. The players and fans should look for meaning in terms of performances and progress. For example if the bowlers bowl consistently, wickets will come. If Wes can throw the monkey off his back and score a 100. These things can still make the series exciting. Plus BD vs ZIM is the original rivalry for both of these teams.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Anybody else find this series boring?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Very. Mostly because it's only 12 months since they last came here.

Also they are the 1 team in international cricket I struggle to have an opinion about or care about their players much.

Also because we've got India and Australia coming up, so this in comparison seems a bit dull. I'm sure I'll be excited when watching next week though (presuming it is broadcast?!).

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I don't find it boring at all, should be a good series.

Bangladesh have got the better of Zimbabwe in recent times and Zim should aim to pull one back. Also considering the lack of games Zimbabwe get in general, they should be grateful to BCB for playing them often. I think even in the new FTP, Zim v Ban is going to be a regular feature.

Ban, Sln and to some extent Pak have always been helpful towards ZC and i think we should respect that.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I think it's a critical series. It's a real gauge of where we're at and a great preparation for India and Australia. A good result would really bouy everyone's confidence, obviously the opposite is equally true.

We like to regard ourselves as being very competitive against Bangladesh, not that I think we are of late, but it would be bloody awesome to hand them a defeat. We desperately need someone over and above Williams, Ervine and Raza to stamp their authority with the bat.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Googly wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:30 am
I think it's a critical series. It's a real gauge of where we're at and a great preparation for India and Australia. A good result would really bouy everyone's confidence, obviously the opposite is equally true.

We like to regard ourselves as being very competitive against Bangladesh, not that I think we are of late, but it would be bloody awesome to hand them a defeat. We desperately need someone over and above Williams, Ervine and Raza to stamp their authority with the bat.
Chakhabva and burl are due some big runs

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

BD vs ZIM has been very competitive in the T20 format for the past several years. I think going back as far as 2016, the head to head is even stevens. ZIM may even be slight favorites being at home, and with Mushfiq and Riyad out.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

I don't think we would be favourites. They smashed us in the Test, then beat us 3-0 in ODIs and 2-1 in T20's here last winter. I think we were missing Williams & Ervine, but BT was still around. We might be slight favourites for the T20's, but Bangladesh have been doing great in ODIs haven't they? Top of the super league or there abouts. Think the ODIs have potential to be a 3-0 loss again sadly.

I guess it's a decent benchmark to see if we've improved since and if Houghton really has had an impact. As exciting as last week was, everyone was getting way too carried away - we beat some proper minnows pretty much. This is the first real test for Dave.