Bangladesh squads for ZIM tour

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Re: Bangladesh squads for ZIM tour

Post by Donald »

How are zimbabwe coffers after world cup progression and incoming india tour?
Im guessing a lot more healthy whixh could be attractive for the dispora
I would like houghton to work on matigimu too. That lad is a talent

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Told you all that there's 3 players who are on the hit list

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

We need both Ballance and Welch to even have a slight chance to make the next ODI world cup. The only thing I want to see is if they will allow Wes and Shumba to be replaced because they are the weakest links at the moment. That could get controversial with the typical racism talk. I think 1 of them could sit out without people noticing but both of them could end up being a problem. They are the "golden boys".

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:32 am
We need both Ballance and Welch to even have a slight chance to make the next ODI world cup. The only thing I want to see is if they will allow Wes and Shumba to be replaced because they are the weakest links at the moment. That could get controversial with the typical racism talk. I think 1 of them could sit out without people noticing but both of them could end up being a problem. They are the "golden boys".
My worry too. It's all well and good having no quotas and picking 7 or 8 white players in the team as long as we win. But the minute we lose or have a tough run the wolves will be out and everything will go to shit again with the usual suspects chiming in.

Ballance's recent history in particular is ripe for controversy.

All these guys coming back is both extremely exciting but also quite worrying in a way.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Zimbabwe have been losing to associates for too long and have gone down in ranking whilst others have gone up.
We cant not have our best side on the park if all players are available just because of a perceived injustice to young black players. Do we want to win? Do we want to qualify for future tournaments?
Shumba and madhevere will be around the squad in any case. They arent going to be jettisoned completely. They are the future

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Will be truly wonderful if ZIM can get some talent back, especially with the T20 WC and the WC Qualifiers up ahead. Should be very exciting if it happens, although as of now I won't get my hopes up.

Donald

Post by Donald »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:49 am
TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:32 am
My worry too. It's all well and good having no quotas and picking 7 or 8 white players in the team as long as we win. But the minute we lose or have a tough run the wolves will be out and everything will go to shit again with the usual suspects chiming in.

Ballance's recent history in particular is ripe for controversy.

All these guys coming back is both extremely exciting but also quite worrying in a way.
Yes its exciting but in a sense Houghton needs to tread carefully or we will get the rhodesian takeover bollocks comments from usual suspects.

It all depends on what brand of cricket the board want to take forward. Surely best side onn the park is a win win

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Anyone with access to that Australian article want to copy and paste the text here? It's behind a paywall I think.

Terryalderman

Post by Terryalderman »

File is too large sorry, I could email it if you were desperate but there’s nothing in it that you wouldn’t already know.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

^ No worries pal.

Marumani bossing it yet again today, which he has done more or less every weekend this club season. 93* off 39 balls. Ridiculous that he's been in every national squad this year but only played 1 game. He can't do much more.

Anyway, nice to see a few of the younger players including Wes and Shumba turning out for their club today despite being inbetween series. I see Hamilton even played for Takashinga - out for a golden duck! :lol: