ZIMBABWE VS INDIA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Marshmallow

ZIMBABWE VS INDIA

Post by Marshmallow »

India ODI squad :

Shikhar Dhawan (C), Ruturaj, Gill, Hooda, Tripathi, Ishan (WK), Sanju Samson (WK), Sundar, Thakur, Kuldeep, Axar, Avesh, Prasidh Krishna, Siraj, Deepak Chahar.

sam_ahm

Re: ZIMBABWE VS INDIA

Post by sam_ahm »

That is still a very strong squad, obviously India have got tremendous depth and just about everyone is as good as the other. So the kind of competition we are looking at is just incredible.

Zimbabwe will have to play their best cricket for sure, even one win here will give a lot of confidence to Zim heading into T20 WC and the WCQ next year, if players start to believe that they can pull off upsets against heavyweights like India, then there is nothing like it.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Obed McCoy troubled India with his pace and bounce, that's why Blessing can be the only hope for Zim against India and faster tracks. Although India have the attack for all conditions, still the best chance to beat us are wickets that assist pace bowlers, as in pace and bounce, not necessarily swing.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

It's definitely a big series for Blessing himself to miss after the IPL training he did. Opportunity for Ngarava I guess. I have a feeling he will surprise people when he really gets going. Evans also gets a little bit of bounce from what I saw. Opportunity for him as well, Chivanga hasn't done himself any favours.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

On the balance of things I guess we can say Chatara and Blessing are our best bowlers right?

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:46 am
It's definitely a big series for Blessing himself to miss after the IPL training he did. Opportunity for Ngarava I guess. I have a feeling he will surprise people when he really gets going. Evans also gets a little bit of bounce from what I saw. Opportunity for him as well, Chivanga hasn't done himself any favours.
India have struggled against good left arm quicks. Let's see if Ngarava can do something.

Of Blessing does miss out then Evans is a must.

kudet
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by kudet »

sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:50 am
TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:46 am
India have struggled against good left arm quicks. Let's see if Ngarava can do something.

Of Blessing does miss out then Evans is a must.
yeah nasser hussain highlighted it during the england vs india limited overs series with topley and willey all over the top order. hopefully ngarava is on the mark and it could be his breakthrough series

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

On current form, Zimbabwe are likely to give India a better fight than what WI are doing.

I understand WI came quite close in the first 2 ODIs, but throughout the tour it has mostly been one way traffic. I think Zimbabwe will do better, or can't do worse.

But we've got to be very realistic for this series and the one against Australia, I'm not expecting Zim to win any of those 6 games, Ind are Aus are powerhouses and if Zimbabwe can compete then I'll be very happy.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Three important WSL series' this week, most important being WI-NZL it will literally determine if RSA have a eealistic chance of qualifying directly or not. I think nothing less than a series win or may be series sweep will be sufficient for WI. 1 or less wins will not be enough.

WI will become the first team to complete all their WSL series. Kudos to them on the scheduling part. 👏👏👏

For Zimbabwe, well, as unrealistic as it may sound, a 3-0 sweep of India will suddenly boost their chances.

For Pakistan, a 3-0 sweep or even a series win should help them consolidate their position in the top 8.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Just heard Williams is back in training. Huge boost if true.