Zimbabwe Vs Bangladesh | 2nd T20I | 31st July 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Bangladesh | 2nd T20I | 31st July 2022

Post by Donald »

Googly wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:49 pm
Take Raza's great performances out of the last 7 games and then have another look at who's done well.
First names on team sheet
Williams
Raza
Muzarabani
Chatara

Middling players
Jongwe
Burl
Wellington
Ngarava

Flying close to the wind to be dropped players
Ervine
Chakhabva
Chivanga

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

I think the result today was more to do with us being shite rather than Bangladesh being particularly world class. So we do have a decent chance of clinching the series if we turn up on Tuesday.

Not sure how Mosaddek managed to get a 5fer. He looked okay but our boys were gifting him wickets like it was christmas.

That horror over first up from Chivanga set the tone for the defence and there was no coming back from that.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Donald, you missed Shumba from that list. He's a passenger.

Donald

Post by Donald »

I forgot all about Shumba. Great lad and nice talent. However he could do with being benched

Yvmnaidu
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Yvmnaidu »

marumani
Wes
chakabva(c)
Williams
Raza
shumba
burl
jongwe
Evans
Wellington
ngrava

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya thats a good analysis.
Chivanga, Ervine, Chakabva and Shumba haven't done much.
Same story though - no obvious replacements apart from Evans and Marumani. Ervine and Chakabva aren't going anywhere, and I'd think they'll stick with Shumba.
Williams and Raza have been really good, what you'd expect from senior international players, the rest of the team have been ordinary, but its a team game and as long as most contribute a bit here and there you can run it close against a lot of teams. We are waay behind the 8 ball against the big teams though, but of course there's room for improvement with most of the guys, quite a bit to work with.
I'm not a Madhevere naysayer at all, he's a very good player, but he's not as good as people think.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Just a suggestion, but with pace-off being the way so far in this series, you could actually replace Chivanga with an extra bat possibly. We could probably get away with just two seamers in the next match. We did in that Netherlands game didn't we? So you could bring Marumani and Munyonga both in, in place of Chivanga and Shumba.

Although I do want to see what Nyauchi can do.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Mosaddek is a handy bowler, but not the type to get a 5 fiver. Still a nice little thing to put on your CV.

This series is proving that both teams have a lot to work on in this format. Bangladesh in particular will need to improve by leaps and bounds if they want to win any games in the WC. The seam attack is atrocious...world class in 50 overs format mind you, but clueless AF in T20.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

The pace off works better from a guy that can bowl reasonably quick, so it's always in the batters mind that there's potentially a 15kph variation, but it will usually be effective, especially with big boundaries and of course guys that don't hit too long. Those wide slower yorkers will do the trick on this wicket with those big square boundaries. Most of those Bangla batters were trying to give themselves a bit of room as well, so it's even more effective. Id like Jongwe to keep bowling them until the guy actually has to step outside off to access it.
Ngarava and Jongwe bowled a few good ones then would follow it up with short hit me balls in-between. The captain needs to have more of a word with what these guys attempt to bowl. Jongwe in particular will try and give u 4 variations an over and the captain is trying to set a field :lol:
If you get one right, put it there again and again until the guy works it out. Yet to see anyone with a regular answer for the wide yorkers, just need third man back and quite a square sweeper.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Ah! Folks, that was bad. Expected fightback though from Bangladesh.

I was keeping a check on the scores, I missed out on the action as I was at a funeral today.

Looks like Zim were outdone by the spin of Mossadek and there was no way back after the early jolts.

Chivanga once again has very ordinary figures and it is mind boggling to see him getting selected over Evans. I'm surprised Jongwe bowled just one over.

Sikki is in the form of his life, I just hope Zim can get their act together for the decider.