Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh 3rd T20 decider 2nd Aug 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Marshmallow

Re: Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh 3rd T20 decider 2nd Aug 2022

Post by Marshmallow »

Interestingly Nyuchi, Masara and Evans are top 3 wickets takers of 2022 domestic t20 tournament. And they played together for the first time in T20i match.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:57 pm
Key difference of course being that P Jayasuriya played 160+ professional cricket matches before making his international debut. Masara has played about 10.

Definitely the most bizarre selection since Innocent Kaia turned up out of the blue in Scotland and the commentators didn't even know his name when he walked out to bat!
:lol: :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

All Hail Dave.
Proud to be a Zimbo today. Well I'm usually proud to be one, but you know what I mean! What a great day for us.

Finally Sir Houghton talked some sense into those guys and Evans got a shot.
Not just him, but Masara. Never seen him before.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Hopefully no further need for "selectors!" :roll:

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

I see Evans, Raza and Williams have been liking some tweets that criticise Rajput :lol:

The players must be so happy that schmuck has fucked off. All hail Dave indeed!

Googly

Post by Googly »

He's still in the background doing less than fuck all earning more than all of them.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

ODIs are Bangladesh's strongest format, right? Going to be tough but if we can pick up a win or two there then that would be very exciting and encouraging indeed!

If today is anything to go by then we may see some other unexpected selections and guys getting a chance. Especially Mountaineers players?. Wouldn't be surprised to see Kevin Kasuza get a go at some point in limited overs.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:46 pm
ODIs are Bangladesh's strongest format, right? Going to be tough but if we can pick up a win or two there then that would be very exciting and encouraging indeed!
Bangladesh should be a completely different side in the ODIs. I'm expecting 3-0 here. Shakib won't be there, but Tamim and Mushfiq will be back. Remember, this side beat a full strength South Africa 2-1 in South Africa earlier this year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:50 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Bangladesh should be a completely different side in the ODIs. I'm expecting 3-0 here. Shakib won't be there, but Tamim and Mushfiq will be back. Remember, this side beat a full strength South Africa 2-1 in South Africa earlier this year.
I think ODI is also a better version or for that matter better suit for Zim as well, They could have easily won a ODI series against Sri Lanka when they last toured the island nation. Lets just be honest here, Mushi and Tamim are no Kohli or Warner. Both Ervine and Williams have been in supreme form in ODI lately, not to mention the kind of form Sikandar has been in. I would say the result could go either way specially when it is in Chevrons' backyard.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

lobsang wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:57 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:50 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
I think ODI is also a better version or for that matter better suit for Zim as well, They could have easily won a ODI series against Sri Lanka when they last toured the island nation. Lets just be honest here, Mushi and Tamim are no Kohli or Warner. Both Ervine and Williams have been in supreme form in ODI lately, not to mention the kind of form Sikandar has been in. I would say the result could go either way specially when it is in Chevrons' backyard.
It will be a fun watch for sure as a neutral. I feel like Bangladesh will outplay Zim throughout but it will be very competitive at least. Not an easy whitewash. If Zimbabwe do manage to beat BD though, thats some bragging right over the South africans :lol: