Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh 3rd T20 decider 2nd Aug 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh 3rd T20 decider 2nd Aug 2022

Post by Googly »

Chakabva and Ervine would be on shaky ground if we had some options. We probably do, but so far they're unwilling to exercise them.

If the Ballance rumour is true he could definitely open.
If he's still got the goods he's a next level batsman to what we've seen here in many years. If he is going to come there's no point in him hanging around in Yorkshire much longer. Plus that story of them pushing around papers at ECB are not true. He has to resolve his contract with his County is all, possibly deregister at ECB, register here and Bob's your Aunty.
Plus 20 hours Community Service in Belvedere.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Great to see this result. Could hardly follow the series thanks to work. Are Ngarava and Wellington injured again or were they rested?

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:49 am
Great to see this result. Could hardly follow the series thanks to work. Are Ngarava and Wellington injured again or were they rested?
They were both seen carrying drinks/sat on the boundary watching so don't think they were injured. Rested presumably. Dare one say....dropped?

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Bangladesh team manager;

"I am very disappointed, I didn't expect to lose to Zimbabwe," Mahmud said. "We are a better team than them. I would call it a disgrace. I won't give any excuses. We should have won the T20I series. Losing was quite unusual.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ban- ... ce-1327527

How disrespectful! Hope we hand them their arses in the ODIs too.

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:16 pm
Bangladesh team manager;

"I am very disappointed, I didn't expect to lose to Zimbabwe," Mahmud said. "We are a better team than them. I would call it a disgrace. I won't give any excuses. We should have won the T20I series. Losing was quite unusual.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ban- ... ce-1327527

How disrespectful! Hope we hand them their arses in the ODIs too.
Just read this article and I’m fuming. It wasn’t Bangladesh fault we just out played them.

Really hope we smash them in the one day series so that prick can go and have another cry :evil:

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:49 am
Ngarava was rested because of heavy workload after coming back from injury.

Welly is still carrying a shoulder injury (playable) so he was also rested.

Houghton confirmed this in the post series interview.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I hope Houghton and the ZIM players get motivated by that Mahmud quote/interview. Will be good for the game.

The truth is, the Bangladesh T20 side has been disgraceful for quite some time. And I don't see any change coming in the foreseeable future. The Test team has also been disgraceful for most of the past 5 years, but I can actually see the red ball team being decent, because they've done it before in the distant past. But not the T20 side.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Donald

Post by Donald »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:26 pm
I hope Houghton and the ZIM players get motivated by that Mahmud quote/interview. Will be good for the game.

The truth is, the Bangladesh T20 side has been disgraceful for quite some time. And I don't see any change coming in the foreseeable future. The Test team has also been disgraceful for most of the past 5 years, but I can actually see the red ball team being decent, because they've done it before in the distant past. But not the T20 side.
10 zimbabwe sixes compared to the solitary bangladesh one in last 20 20 should tell its own story. Lots of pleasing strokemakers for bamgladesh but thin on ground when it comes to power hitters.
I have a feeling with it being Ervine Williams and Razas best format as well as emergence of Brad evans and also all round skills of Jongwe it will be a lof closer than Mahmud realises this ODI series

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Donald wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:21 pm
I have a feeling with it being Ervine Williams and Razas best format as well as emergence of Brad evans and also all round skills of Jongwe it will be a lof closer than Mahmud realises this ODI series
It will be an interesting series. But having said that, Tamim and Mushfiq are next level in this format. They are right up there with the very best in ODIs. On top of that, Taskin and Fizz are world class ODI quicks and Shoriful is not far behind. I am expecting a couple of 100+ run margins and/or 7 wicket wins with 10+ overs to spare.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:43 am
Donald wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:21 pm
It will be an interesting series. But having said that, Tamim and Mushfiq are next level in this format. They are right up there with the very best in ODIs. On top of that, Taskin and Fizz are world class ODI quicks and Shoriful is not far behind. I am expecting a couple of 100+ run margins and/or 7 wicket wins with 10+ overs to spare.
Yeah. I dont know about Taskin but Tamim, Mushy and Fizz are definetely great odi players. That being said, I dont think there will be a couple of wins that big. Probably just the one.