Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh 3rd T20 decider 2nd Aug 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh 3rd T20 decider 2nd Aug 2022

Post by zimlover »

This team feels like its starting to live to its full potential,

Nyauchi was a stand out performer for me he bowled really well and was threatening with his line and length it was genius to select him for this game.

Brad Evans i think he held his nerve and used the Short ball to his advantage, it will be interesting watching him play a few more games, with the One day games coming up, I am sure he will be selected for a game. He must take this opportunity and run with it.

Can Brad Evans replace Donald Tiripano? After this game I am sure he can replace him as the fast bowling allrounder. I would like to see him improve on his catching though, that drop was a easy catch.

Going forward it would be a good seam attack , hopefully we can start to prepare seam friendly Pitches again and use our Bowling resources to the best of our ability.

I would be happy with this seam attack
Muzarabani
Ngarava
Nyauchi
Evans
Jongwe

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

lobsang wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:57 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:50 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:46 pm
ODIs are Bangladesh's strongest format, right? Going to be tough but if we can pick up a win or two there then that would be very exciting and encouraging indeed!
Bangladesh should be a completely different side in the ODIs. I'm expecting 3-0 here. Shakib won't be there, but Tamim and Mushfiq will be back. Remember, this side beat a full strength South Africa 2-1 in South Africa earlier this year.
I think ODI is also a better version or for that matter better suit for Zim as well, They could have easily won a ODI series against Sri Lanka when they last toured the island nation. Lets just be honest here, Mushi and Tamim are no Kohli or Warner. Both Ervine and Williams have been in supreme form in ODI lately, not to mention the kind of form Sikandar has been in. I would say the result could go either way specially when it is in Chevrons' backyard.
Check Mushy's stats. Pretty sure he's been better than Kohli the past couple years. To put it into perspective, Mushfiq averages 50 in ODIs since 2015, against TOP 8 teams. Tamim averages 43.

These numbers are without games vs Scotland, Netherlands, or Ireland. They actually don't even include Afghanistan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Yes the ODIs will be tough. I'm expecting a couple of changes like Kaia to open and Wes to bat much lower. I think Shumba needs a break

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

zimlover wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:46 am

I would be happy with this seam attack
Muzarabani
Ngarava
Nyauchi
Evans
Jongwe
Looking at that pace attack, we definitely need to prepare seam friendly conditions when possible, playing in New Zealand, Australia, England, Ireland we can be a strong away side.

I think we can get away with not playing Masakadza with our spin bowling allrounders. Burl/Williams/Raza/Madhevere/Shumba means that we have spin bowling covered, Wellington isn’t head and shoulders above any of them.

We will only need him in spin friendly conditions India/Pakistan/Bangladesh

I’m pretty happy with our seam bowling at the minute.

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

This will be a fair side to compete in Seam friendly conditions

Gary Ballance
Craig Ervine
Regis Chakabva
Sean Williams
Sikandar Raza
Ryan Burl/ Shumba
Luke Jongwe
Brad Evans
Victor Nyauchi
Blessing Muzarabani
Richard Ngarava

Googly

Post by Googly »

We need a way more consistent keeper batsman.
The only way you can accommodate 5 seamers is to perhaps turn this into a 15 man team sport :lol:

I think give Shumba these 3 ODI's and if he doesn't make runs he needs to go and reinvent himself. It's been the ZC way. Their Chosen Ones have to fail for years and can continue to do so until a new Chosen One is groomed to replace him, but I think Houghton may have gotten them to think a bit differently finally.

All Hail Dave !

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

With as many as 9 ODIs now lined up, it will be quite interesting to see how it goes. Zimbabwe just need to keep pushing and do their best, don't worry too much about the results.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Googly wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:09 am
We need a way more consistent keeper batsman.
The only way you can accommodate 5 seamers is to perhaps turn this into a 15 man team sport :lol:

I think give Shumba these 3 ODI's and if he doesn't make runs he needs to go and reinvent himself. It's been the ZC way. Their Chosen Ones have to fail for years and can continue to do so until a new Chosen One is groomed to replace him, but I think Houghton may have gotten them to think a bit differently finally.

All Hail Dave !
Batters find it very hard to succeed in the middle order especially if they are as young as he is. Reckon push him up the order if we wanna see him succeed

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya absolutely right. Very hard to just walk in and pull the trigger. Dhoni always said that, it all happens at the business end.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Shumba is a fine talent and I would consider playing him higher up the order, problem is, playing him higher up atm is not feasible unless we are looking to drop Regis down the order and Shumba batting at 3 , Madhevere opening with Ervine.