Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh 3rd T20 decider 2nd Aug 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh 3rd T20 decider 2nd Aug 2022

Post by Googly »

The one certain thing is that we will see pretty much where we are at.
That Marmite dude publicly cussing us is not nice.
We all suddenly have a bit of hope and it's a proper double glove slap. Filho da puta, merde, vafankulo iwe.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

CalZim wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:12 pm
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:49 am
Great to see this result. Could hardly follow the series thanks to work. Are Ngarava and Wellington injured again or were they rested?
Ngarava was rested because of heavy workload after coming back from injury.

Welly is still carrying a shoulder injury (playable) so he was also rested.

Houghton confirmed this in the post series interview.
Thanks!

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:16 pm
Bangladesh team manager;

"I am very disappointed, I didn't expect to lose to Zimbabwe," Mahmud said. "We are a better team than them. I would call it a disgrace. I won't give any excuses. We should have won the T20I series. Losing was quite unusual.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ban- ... ce-1327527

How disrespectful! Hope we hand them their arses in the ODIs too.
I honestly don't think it is. They have been a better side than us for a few years now. I think it shows the mentality of how we are seen in the Cricketing world. If anything, we should be looking at this in two ways.

1) Its a sign of how far we have fallen
2) We need to start making teams change their mindset. We need to better and it's about time we stop talking and start doing.

Googly

Post by Googly »

100%. We've been the laughing stock and the whipping boys from some quarters and in others we've been regarded with pity. The fact is we used to bring a bit to the table because we were usually competitive and there was always the possibility of a surprise win.
The only thing that will change that is to start being competitive and to start beating the Associates convincingly and teams like Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka and West Indies enough times to make people pay attention. The only way is to let Sir Dave make some changes. We're at the 12th hour and need a rescue plan.
It's a big ask, there's not a lot to work with.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:36 am

Yeah. I dont know about Taskin but Tamim, Mushy and Fizz are definetely great odi players. That being said, I dont think there will be a couple of wins that big. Probably just the one.
100 runs in ODIs is big, but its not really massive. I think in 2017-2018, Bangladesh beat Sri Lanka by 150+ runs on three separate occaisions, IIRC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)