Gary ballance bombshell switch

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Gary ballance bombshell switch

Post by Googly »

He makes some wild swings with the bat, particularly at balls top of 5th and slightly higher, almost compulsive. But he is certainly a prospect, he believes in himself which is half the battle.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Googly wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:40 pm
He makes some wild swings with the bat, particularly at balls top of 5th and slightly higher, almost compulsive. But he is certainly a prospect, he believes in himself which is half the battle.
Marumani is definetly the future and an explosive batsman. Should have been in 20 squad sooner. That being said for all ervines failing he scored a unflustered cool 50 against scotland to ensure we qualified for super sixes. He would have accumulated a lot of points in bank with ZC admin for that 🤑🤑😉😁

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Yesterday's match showed the importance of having someone like Gary Ballance in that middle order. He brings so much experience with him, calm head and he is such a class act, just what Zimbabwe needed in that middle order ever since Brendan left.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ballance and BT together would have been nice for us.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Googly wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:31 am
Ballance and BT together would have been nice for us.
Yeah, that would have been dream to watch.

Yorker
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Yorker »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:17 pm
zimfan1 wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:55 pm
https://www.cricketeurope.com/DATABASE/ ... .shtml?768

Am I reading too much into this article but is there a chance that PJ may make himself available for Zimbabwe again?
There has been talk here all season that he's wanting to come back into the fold. I think he was disappointed not to get into their world cup squad.

The problem he might have is that so many bridges have been burned and that several in power (incl. Masakadza) have a particular dislike for him. The upside for him however is that Houghton seems to have free reign.

He's been consistently good for Mountaineers so far this year without doing anything spectacular. Our batting suddenly looks pretty strong so tbh the only way he is getting back near a Zim team is as wicketkeeper. And unfortunately that side of his game seems to have regressed.
Is PJ the one who once batted in club cricket with Hamilton whilst he was a schoolboy? I wonder where the bad blood originated from.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Yorker wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:44 am

Is PJ the one who once batted in club cricket with Hamilton whilst he was a schoolboy? I wonder where the bad blood originated from.
That was Eddie Byrom
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

The animosity was when PJ was vice captain I think. Exacerbated when the attempted coup took place. As of now I put PJ well ahead of Madande in the batting dept. That can change if Madande has a bit in the tank. Don't think there's much in it in the keeping dept.

There's always going to be politics in our cricket, but for sure DH dampens it out a bit. If we keep being competitive and winning games here and there it obviously stalls anyone with an agenda weighing in with bullshit selections.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Googly wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:09 am
The animosity was when PJ was vice captain I think. Exacerbated when the attempted coup took place. As of now I put PJ well ahead of Madande in the batting dept. That can change if Madande has a bit in the tank. Don't think there's much in it in the keeping dept.

There's always going to be politics in our cricket, but for sure DH dampens it out a bit. If we keep being competitive and winning games here and there it obviously stalls anyone with an agenda weighing in with bullshit selections.
Has PJ improved his keeping out of sight?

His keeping was pretty bad when he was last wearing the gloves for Zimbabwe in 2016/17
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement