Gary ballance bombshell switch

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Gary ballance bombshell switch

Post by Googly »

TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:06 am
I think anybody who is not Gary Ballance would actually have to come and "prove" themselves domestically too even if you are way better. You won't struggle to get some big scores if you are good enough anyway.

TM was interviewed a few weeks talking about DH and he said DH was talking to some players to come back. So they all know and they are involved. I think general expectation is that a couple of the senior guys will not be around in about 18 months. Maybe even even 12 months after the qualifier. I honestly don't see Ervine and Williams being around in 2024. Raza maybe but not those 2. There will be gaps and that's where the likes of Welch will just smoothly get into the team without issues.

For this to work you need them to have maybe 6 to 12 months where everybody is part of an extended squad. Something also tells me DH is strategically trying to build a huge squad where everybody is getting a chance and there are so many changes for this very reason that people are worried about. You won't notice all of that.

So I think what he would do is that if you get 3 or 4 imports, you will see a lot of rotations with Williams, Ervine and Raza being slowly phased out of the team.

Interestingly TM also mentioned that Houghton wasn't even in the country when they called him to take over but within 3 days he was here. Something tells me he has been planning this for a while, even the way he knew all the players during that European tour last year. It felt like he was preparing for this.
Well he's coming from a County background where their squads are anywhere from 22-28.
It's a little different because they have a few guys that are either exclusively red ball or white ball, plus they sign the top drawer Academy players probably slightly prematurely to make sure they don't get poached.
I doubt his goal is to have a really big squad, he's just having a look at guys and whatever intensive extra stuff they're getting will stand them in good stead in franchise. Having a squad system where you can swap out any of 20 players is absolutely a luxury we don't have, hence this talk of imports.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Donald wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:47 am
Googly wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:40 am
Yeah just the fact that they're prepared to open the account of- DH must guard against attempts to lure him to the Dark Side, just in case he becomes too popular or their dictatorial choke hold on the administration is loosened ever so slightly is blunt, direct and downright nasty. It's actually a very thinly veiled threat- stay in your box and don't even consider overstepping your boundaries.
Dave is also very popular amongst the players and respected . So if things do go south he wont be short of allies either which is the flipside
There's no flipside. They rule with an iron fist. They drip with paranoia however, which is why we're seeing warning shots fired. People will defend a 9 mill a year gravy train by whatever means necessary.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Donald wrote:
Dave is also very popular amongst the players and respected . So if things do go south he wont be short of allies either which is the flipside
That's what Streak thought.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

ZIMFAN wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:21 am
Ethel is an absolute ghoul. I asked about her in another thread. Just parrots and agrees with Zolsky. I think she is a burner, she also tweets in that same semi coherent Zolsky manner and lists people at the end like he does.
100% just an account created to corroborate Mukhulani/Zolsky.

Like Stoneman logging in to support Raj on this forum 30 seconds after one posts and logs out.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

The really funny thing is that he is such a massive retard that he still perseveres with the Zolsky account, despite being exposed literally three years ago and being at the point now where every single player, coach, journalist and most of the intelligent fans, know 100% who it is. Yet he still keeps up the act thinking anyone actually believes Zolsky is just a 'fan'?

No wonder we have been riddled with such incompetence for so long when these people are actually just downright thick.

Googly

Post by Googly »

This legacy debt thing needs further explanation :lol:
How do you go from owing U$ 20 mill to eradicating it? That number doesn't just go away unless it was a smoke and mirrors Zim Dollar/USD shenanigan in the first place and it was time to call a halt to the blatant looting by the clever fellow that put that scam into play.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:06 am
Donald wrote:
That's what Streak thought.
I mean players might have known he was dealing with bookmakers and such right?

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:02 pm
ZC will have to find the right balance.
Indeed. ZC will have to find the right ballance. Putting the Cart right before the horse is not a good idea. Currantly everything might look hunky dory but things may quickly go south just like ice cream cones melt on the holders' hands. People who are in the right nick must be rewarded. It does not matter where they are playing their cricket -by home or by Rome - quality must be the only criteria. Muah! yeah! yeah!

ilovearsenal04
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by ilovearsenal04 »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:59 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:02 pm
ZC will have to find the right balance.
Indeed. ZC will have to find the right ballance. Putting the Cart right before the horse is not a good idea. Currantly everything might look hunky dory but things may quickly go south just like ice cream cones melt on the holders' hands. People who are in the right nick must be rewarded. It does not matter where they are playing their cricket -by home or by Rome - quality must be the only criteria. Muah! yeah! yeah!
Hahaha made me chuckle, get them all in the team now!
The higher you go the cooler it becomes.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:22 am
The really funny thing is that he is such a massive retard that he still perseveres with the Zolsky account, despite being exposed literally three years ago and being at the point now where every single player, coach, journalist and most of the intelligent fans, know 100% who it is. Yet he still keeps up the act thinking anyone actually believes Zolsky is just a 'fan'?

No wonder we have been riddled with such incompetence for so long when these people are actually just downright thick.
People should respond to every single tweet of his with, "Okay Tavengwa"

Also, what is this obsession with legacy debt. They make like it wasn't their buddies and friends who created the debt and that they've done us all a miracle by getting rid of it. Had they just let the right people run the game, there never would have been a debt and Zim Cricket would be a top 5 team.