Gary ballance bombshell switch

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Gary ballance bombshell switch

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:22 am
The really funny thing is that he is such a massive retard that he still perseveres with the Zolsky account, despite being exposed literally three years ago and being at the point now where every single player, coach, journalist and most of the intelligent fans, know 100% who it is. Yet he still keeps up the act thinking anyone actually believes Zolsky is just a 'fan'?

No wonder we have been riddled with such incompetence for so long when these people are actually just downright thick.
If he is indeed Mukhulani then that's massively disappointing because he has openly praised Kaia and Chakabva but hasn't said a word in Raza who is unstoppable atm.

Yet on face of it in public view, he is good with Raza and white players, as in presenting Raza with the trophy and supporting him during his illness.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:06 am
secretzimbo wrote:
The really funny thing is that he is such a massive retard that he still perseveres with the Zolsky account, despite being exposed literally three years ago and being at the point now where every single player, coach, journalist and most of the intelligent fans, know 100% who it is. Yet he still keeps up the act thinking anyone actually believes Zolsky is just a 'fan'?

No wonder we have been riddled with such incompetence for so long when these people are actually just downright thick.
If he is indeed Mukhulani then that's massively disappointing because he has openly praised Kaia and Chakabva but hasn't said a word in Raza who is unstoppable atm.

Yet on face of it in public view, he is good with Raza and white players, as in presenting Raza with the trophy and supporting him during his illness.
Yeah thats disgusting.
How could you dance around that?
I reckon this is what Raza meant when he said he wont reveal what motivates him. I think its too stick a middle finger to the haters from within.

It has also confirmed that alongside hating white people, he also hates people from the sub continent (or Muslims).

Imagine feeling threatened by the only subby in the ZC professional system.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:13 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:06 am
secretzimbo wrote:

Yeah thats disgusting.
How could you dance around that?
I reckon this is what Raza meant when he said he wont reveal what motivates him. I think its too stick a middle finger to the haters from within.

It has also confirmed that alongside hating white people, he also hates people from the sub continent (or Muslims).

Imagine feeling threatened by the only subby in the ZC professional system.
Yeah, agreed mate! I think like SZ said, they will be happy and quiet as long as things are good, getting WC spots, more crowd coming in, more sponsors and better broadcast deals.

The moment it goes bad, as in failing to qualify for next year's WC, they will start the shit all over again.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:13 am

As soon as he said that, I was so keen to pre-buy his biography. I hope when the time is right, he properly unloads. Raza has a tendency to be everyones friend and get on well with all, so hope he doesn't hold back.

TM does what serves him. Plays the race card at home, yet will be the first person to accept an invitation to tea with the Queen. Two faced, abuses power and only thinks about himself.

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/62678445

Some news here. No mention of Zim switch

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/gary ... iq-1330579

Cricinfo version. They say they haven`t heard anything about a switch yet either

Googly

Post by Googly »

David Willey was the Yorkshire T20 captain and he recently
clearly had an acrimonious split with them. Yorkshire claimed they could not match Northants'(his original club) offer, which is an absolute load of shite. In fact Willey publicly refuted their statement and said it was because of recent events and the club was not putting players and cricket first.
Reading between the lines I'd say they're so desperate to clear their name that they're willing to hang anyone out to dry. If he had any part of it, his departure would not likely enable him to dodge a bullet, so it's probably that he was disgusted that the club would not at least stand some ground against the accusations levelled at them. He finally worked out all by himself that players are highly expendable by the suit and pointy shoe brigade.

Ballance's latest apology has nothing to do with him waiting to be in a better head space, but will have been timed well to suit whatever is going on.
There's no way Ballance was the only one making comments because he would have been told to wind his neck in, it would have been a number of people making remarks, not realising they had consequences.

What is viewed as ok right now may well not be in a few years time. What is not ok right now may well be the norm down the line. People generally go with what is permissable at the time and most fudge that line as well.

What is pertinent is whether Ballance was the only one that has personally apologised. There are 6 others that have been individually implicated, have they manned up?

I find it a bit weird when someone apologises on behalf of an organisation. The organisation didn't do a damned thing, it's an inanimate entity. Nobody within that entity said-
Here are my credentials, I'm representing Yorkshire and on behalf of Yorkshire we think you're a P#%.... I mean that's laughable.
As an organisation they're guilty of allowing an environment in which people have gotten away with stuff, but it's the individuals themselves that are to blame for what actually transpired. I guess it's what they're trying to brand Institutional Racism when it's the guy at the counter that denied your loan and may well have been instructed to do so by the human in the board room.
I'd like to know how much Rafiki has financially benefitted from all of this. If he was that aggrieved he should have put his hand up when it happened. His timing indicates that he's lined up the club to pay for the actions/utterances of individuals. When Ballance was calling him a Pakistani when he was living in his house in Zim he chose to not say much. If he'd burst into tears or taken a swing back then he may well have nipped it in the bud 12 years ago. I'm uber skeptical of this guy.
The blacks and whites have some pretty shit names for each other here :lol:. Everyone is pretty careful though, we're all learning.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Does Gary's family live in Zimbabwe? If yes, then he might consider the switch provided he is serious about continuing his cricketing career, he has apparently got mental health issues, which I completely understand, and it is a very difficult situation to be in. I Wish Gary comes out of it.

I find it unlikely that he will continue with Yorkshire, either he calls it quits, or he decides to take up a new challenge with Zimbabwe. Just my thought though.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

He was given a 200k settlement

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

The timing is interesting. To me the timing says he's going to be in Yorkshire's XI for their next county championship fixture.