Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh 1st ODI /2022 August 5

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh 1st ODI /2022 August 5

Post by CholeZimbo »

Wes has been unprofessional and naughty

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

What a win!!! Time to get drunk! Kriterion didn't see this one coming. BD were complacent thinking 300 was enough, can't blame them, we all did. Dreaming of another trophy on the trot!

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Just a random comparison: Innocent Kaia - in the first year of his international career - is just 17 international runs away from Maruma, who has played more than thrice the games in a 14 year long "international career" :D

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Going to be having a fair few beers in Glasgow to celebrate that tonight. Just such a good performance.

zimlover

Post by zimlover »

This was a beautiful game to watch, we absolutely out played them I watched every ball today and it was worthwhile.

Kia seems to have gone up a level In his mental game and has taken every opportunity he has been given, on the other hand Wes looks like he has hit a plateau.

Kia May have the goods to open for us in One day games was very calm, his running was a little bit scathy but he got the job done.

This is a great win

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Watching this live was the best decision I made this year. I think the only better live game I have seen was when we chased 300 against the Kiwis. Momentum, confidence, belief... DH is performing miracles right now.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Man it's just unreal.
Iam not even think we will cross 250 at start but partnership between raza and kaia just incredible.

Now i just want to know current mood of Bangladesh director :lol:
Last edited by Marshmallow on Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Guys, keep an eye on Bet365 (or any betting app) next game.

I made serious money off Raza being top scorer today.

The reason for this is when i looked at the markets ten minutes before the match, it had Williams and Ervine at favourite and second favourite respectively, which meant Raza was third favourite and paid out alot more.

Basically, the betting sites had no idea what the squad was and made assumptions on the T20 side, which isnt the first time this has happened.

When you see movies or hear about punters getting the edge over the house, this is it.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

tgk

Post by tgk »

Such a good performance even without Ervine and Willo is so nice to see. Raza ofc cementing himself as one of our best clutch players, so good from Innocent as well in only his 4th game. Jongwe's cameo was great too. I kinda expect more from Wes, hopefully he can kick on in the next game.

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

I’m so happy, great win today.

I think quite a few of us have doubted Kaia’s ability and he has proven today that he has the temperament to build an innings. For him to get a ton in these circumstances gives me hope that we have some future. No idea why he didn’t open though. I’m sure they will drop Musakanda though next game so he should fit back at the top of the order.

I put a bet on at 8/1 but I’m gutted I didn’t put another when the odds were a lot higher.

Really happy. Would love to see that Bangladesh cricket directors face now.

Need to be better with the ball and fielding for game 2 and we could be on for a series win. Saying that I thought Jongwe bowled well and that opening spell from Nyauchi and Ngarava was great, they deserved a couple of wickets each.

2 changes for me game 2 (as long as Burl is okay), Marumani/Munyonga in for Musakanda and Evans in for Masakadza

Great win guys 🇿🇼🇿🇼