Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh 1st ODI /2022 August 5

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tej_27

Re: Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh 1st ODI /2022 August 5

Post by tej_27 »

Wow just wow ..i was jumping here in India 1000 of miles away ..sikandar Raza has hit BT level consistency when he was at his peak ..this is pure joy ..had ervine and Williams been there we could have finished this even earlier but who am I to complain
.sikandar Raza should play for another 10 years..we might never get a team player a dedicated man like him ever again

Kallum

Post by Kallum »

I don't think I've ever seen such a drastic turn around in a team over the course of 1 decision.

If David Houghton was Catholic you'd gotta think he would be in line for sainthood with the miracle he was worked here

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I'll give Musakanda another chance, it was his role to go after the bowling, can't blame him for that. It will be unfair if he is dropped after just 1 game.

Evans in for Nyauchi Or Wellington. Still many spin options, so wellington can be benched.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Let's not forget we have been wondering for 5 years who the next centurion would be after Solomon Mire. Take a bow Innocent Kaia. Not the most talented but competent. Does the basics very well and has a brain. I hope the likes of Wes took all of that in

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:18 pm
Let's not forget we have been wondering for 5 years who the next centurion would be after Solomon Mire. Take a bow Innocent Kaia. Not the most talented but competent. Does the basics very well and has a brain. I hope the likes of Wes took all of that in
Wes comes across as spoiled. Told he’s the best. Wants to be flash. Wants to tell bitches in the club that’s he’s the golden child of his generation.
I think he focusesd and put in the hard effort when he was young and nothing, which is backed up by his coaches in interviews, but now wants to be the Hollywood star of Zim cricket, like how KP, Gayle and Clarke were for their respective nations.
Problem is those guys were insanely talented and never stopped learning.
Shout out to Googly for warning us about this 12 months back.
Wes needs to be dropped for his own good.
He’ll be back better off for the experience. He is by no means a lost cause. Just needs a reality check.
What innocent did today was the stuff of legend and perseverance and not many current Zimbabweans have done.
You could see it when he got the century. He took it in for himself before acknowledging the teammates and crowd. It’s almost like he had a mental rush and comedown after all the blood sweat and tears some zimbo from modest means rose above. Will Smith in Pursuit of Happyness vibe.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

Eeeish I'm sorry I missed that. Brilliant stuff!!!!!
Pull 'Babwe!!
That will get that marmite coach of Bangladesh muttering properly. :lol: :lol:

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:08 pm
I'll give Musakanda another chance, it was his role to go after the bowling, can't blame him for that. It will be unfair if he is dropped after just 1 game.

Trouble with his batting is that he gets into trouble on the drive

Donald

Post by Donald »

Just watched the highlights

Innocent Kaia is the real deal alright 😀😀😀

We have unearthed a gem with him. Batted exeptionally sensibly and knows his game very well.
And much better strike rate today compared to the Rascle Rajput era.
All hail dave

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Well well well.

I left at halftime certain we'd easily defend 300. Looks like it was indeed 30-50 runs short.

Disappointing result, but looks like Kaia is the real deal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:18 pm
Yes. I have been wondering and would not have bet on him ahead of Wes. Really hope this isn't a Tino ton that he dines on forever.