Zimbabwe vs bangladesh second one day international

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe vs bangladesh second one day international

Post by sloandog »

The board director appeared to be nothing more than a twat..

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:37 pm
Just a few thoughts on Bangladesh. I still think they are a very good side in ODIs. This series has been a bit of an aberration for them. They ran into a Zimbabwe side very high on confidence and with nothing to lose. Sometimes when you crack that all important test, which was T20 WCQ, you just play with a lot more freedom.

Bangladesh need to get their confidence back, I think the players are quite good, even in T20s, I think with Shakib back, we should see some good performances. I'll be keen to see Saifuddin back in the scheme of things, he will provide great balance to the side. Taskin is lacking confidence, they need to back him and persist with him. Shoriful and Fizz are fine bowlers.

One bowler they can try out in ODIs can be Ebadot Hosein. I think he did play some LOIs in WI and can ve a good addition in ODIs.

Overall I think they are still a good side, and should now focus on the all important Asia Cup.

Also great to see Mushfiqur clapping and applauding Raza's centuries, he plays a lot in Bangladesh and I think the players share a great bonding. Bangladesh players also get along really well with Zim players and both boards are very supportive of each other.
Yeah the series has probably been a blip, an anomaly.

However, certain issues have persisted for a long time. Lack of hitting ability is one. The BD boys didn't even attempt to hit sixes. I suppose that flip is less risk. But no one went on to make big scores which is critical to building a decent total.

Fielding is another elephant in the room.

Regardless, very pleased that after so long ZCF's mood has really lifted. Had been years of gloom from even before that infamous UAE game. Simply outstanding today and hats the fuck off!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Donald

Post by Donald »

Wow Wow Wow

This is amazing

All hail dave houghton the messiah

Well done Chakhabva raza and muyonga

Was also impressed by Marumani. A more patient innings than im accustomed to. Showed his ability to be changeable

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

We haven't seen a crowd that big since 2018. Just shows, when we get it right; cricket is still THE sport in Zimbabwe. Fantastic!

I hope they don't get greedy and charge too much for the India games. We really don't want a crowd that is full of asians just because the real Zim fans can't afford $20 to get in. :(

Donald

Post by Donald »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:36 pm
We haven't seen a crowd that big since 2018. Just shows, when we get it right; cricket is still THE sport in Zimbabwe. Fantastic!

I hope they don't get greedy and charge too much for the India games. We really don't want a crowd that is full of asians just because the real Zim fans can't afford $20 to get in. :(
That's an interesting problem to have for ZC now they are getting successful.
Maybe cap rate at £5.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

A great series win for Zimbabwe, I have been pleasantly surprised by recent performances.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Donald wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:48 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:36 pm

That's an interesting problem to have for ZC now they are getting successful.
Maybe cap rate at £5.
I think ZC will milk it and charge a small fortune. I'll be going to the third match regardless of price haha, but it will be annoying if I'm surrounded by thousands of Indian-Zimbos who never turn up when we play anyone else, whilst all the castle corner blokes can't afford to come.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

I think they should probably give Raza a rest on Wednesday now? I expect another load of changes. Musakanda and Shumba back in the hope one of them can find some form. They might want to give someone like Masara another game or experiment with the batting order, maybe give Burl a go higher up etc.

Very rare for us to be in a position where we can think about experimenting or resting players etc. This really is uncharted territory!

Kallum

Post by Kallum »

What an atmosphere, there were times of of late where I wondered about the long term future in terms of crowds and genuine interest in cricket beyond the private schools etc..

Wow have I been relieved to see an absolutely packed sports club and I mean bouncing place. The best £2 I've ever spent paying for an icc TV subscription for this tour. Zimbabwe are resurgent, raza is in the form of his life and with a bit of confidence caring about the win it means players like chakabva (who are quality don't get me wrong) get a tail between their legs and hit centuries off 75 balls like Lord man.

I am a south african first and foremost but I feel incredibly lucky to be witnessing this period of cricket for zimbabwe, you ones will always be my second team and I am loving every single second of this Houghton coaching period.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Jeez Raza is in some form with the bat. Has any other Zimbabwean in the post 04 era been on such a run as he has.

It's so nice to see Zim winnings games, particularly when we are getting ourselves into bad situations. If we can fix some of the up front problems, we can be much stronger against certain teams, Bangladesh being one of them.

So far it's all been good under Dave, so hopefully its continuous improvement. Some little worrying signs around certain players, so hopefully we can find the solution to tick them into form.