Zimbabwe Vs Bangladesh | 3rd ODI | 10th August 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Bangladesh | 3rd ODI | 10th August 2022

Post by secretzimbo »

Ngarava and Nyauchi top scorers in our innings. Great banter :lol:

tgk

Post by tgk »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:46 pm
Ngarava and Nyauchi top scorers in our innings. Great banter :lol:
Normally I'd be quite pissed but after knowing we have the series, this is just hilarious :D

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

that was a nick there :lol:

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

That's one of the worst decisions ever. Even I could hear that nick and I'm watching it on mute :lol: Langton usually really good too.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

And now theyve dropped him :lol: This is literally so funny

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Was hoping that we would lose by less than 100, not to be :D

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I'm disappointed because of the manner of this defeat. It is ok to lose, but not this way.

Anyways, I'm hoping Ervine, Williams and Burl will be back for India series. Blessing may yet not be ready.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Disappointing series for BD obv. The real let down was in the fielding department. Bangladesh are an average fielding side at best, and this was a subpar series for them so the fielding must really have been atrocious.

Obviously credit must go to Zimbabwe. Quite a lot of positives they can take forward, but the key will be to take them forward. They once won a 5 match series in Sri Lanka but didn't really push on afterward. Houghton will have to keep that in mind here with WCQ coming up soon.

A few more thoughts:

1) Williams and Ervine were sorely missed, despite the scoreline. It appears as though the Kaias and Kaitanos aren't yet consistent enough to be depended on. Chakabva I'm less uncertain of, but still not 100% convinced if he can be put in the same bracket as the Big 3. I still think Madhevere and Shumba have a lot of work to do. Wes, in particular started his career averaging 35-40+ and now probably averages under 20. Marumani has a lot of work to do as well.

2) The seamers as a while bowled much better than I would have predicted. Nyauchi in particular, but even Jongwe bowled well. Evans was OK, but still very early in his career. Never rated Ngarava and he didn't really change my opinion. But I did change my opinion of Nyauchi and to a lesser extent Jongwe.

3) Fielding was OK. Could be better, could have been worse too.

For Bangladesh:

1) These were very flat pitches and no one made any hundreds. Very poor. Anamul amd Afif did fairly well. Liton too. Biggest disappointment was Shanto. He's been getting a long run, and has yet to even score a 50. Loads of talent, but at some point you have to deliver.

2) bowlers were poor for the most part, even accounting for the dropped catches and misfields. Got to be tighter still.

3) fielding was amateur. Deserved to lose, and lost they did.

4) overall, not yet time to panic, but at the same time a tone of shit to improve upon before the WC next year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Kaia
Ervine
Wes
Williams
Chakabva
Raza
Burl
Jongwe

For me this is our best batting combination for the next 6 ODIs. They need a strong import to bat at 3. The solution is pretty obvious. Wes and Shumba need time and some competition. They can even play Shumba at 3 and let's see what happens. I don't think he is a lower order batsman.

The injuries are a bit concerning. They have played a lot of cricket overall this year and haven't really had a break. I can't see them getting much of a break until after the world cup but the domestic season would have started again. This is good for the younger players but i think Ervine, Raza, Williams and Regis will need to be managed properly. The rest of the guys must keep playing and earn their salaries.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

One can only imagine if BT was given this much freedom to play and was in the right state of mind. Would have been something special. What happened is really sad. I'm sure the last few weeks of success must have been bitter/ sweet for him