Zimbabwe Vs Bangladesh | 3rd ODI | 10th August 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Bangladesh | 3rd ODI | 10th August 2022

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:38 pm
What an excellent couple of weeks! Not many (any?) of us would have put money on us winning both series. Some great performances and most have chipped in at some point - next aim for many of the boys is consistency. Loads of injuries and rotation and yet we were still very good in 4 of the 6 matches. We looked better than Bangladesh in both formats - who would have thought that a few weeks ago?!
Ngarava and Nyauchi taking the piss at the end today might have been my favourite part of it all :lol:

Great stuff, and still a couple of top order batters to return to bolster the lineup.

Well done Chevrons.

All hail Dave! Amazing turnaround in just 5 weeks. Good time to be a Zim fan.

Obviously we aren't going to win any games against India or Australia. Hopefully though there will be some good individual performances and the team continues to play with the right attitude and positive mindset. It's all about the T20WC now and making sure the boys are all fit and firing ready for the first round. All of a sudden I'm pretty confident of beating Scotland, Ireland and maybe the WI there.
The Irish just thrashed Afghanistan. And Windies are always beastly in T20s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Googly wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:02 pm
I've been pumping Evans for ages and he has disappointed, but hopefully he gets a few more chances. Today with the bat was a great opportunity to get some time in the middle as there was no longer any real expectation of a win, he should have just kept playing straight and made a few runs, that was disappointing to see that shot.
Madhevere keeps getting a free pass and everyone still thinks he's an automatic selection at 3? I'm starting to find that weird, he's looking fairly ordinary to me. You can be talented, you can be the wonder boy, but at some point you have to find a way of making runs a lot more consistently than he is.
Jongwe's dismissal was rubbish as well. There's a big difference between playing with freedom and being responsible.
Jongwe's dismissal stood out to me. Lost his head completely.

I think Madhevere will come good against the big guns. They can't drop him now. Maybe bat him lower down in ODIs?

Kaia
Chakabva
Ervine (c)
Williams
Raza
Burl
Madhavere
Jongwe
Evans (Muzarabani)
Nyauchi (Chatara)
Ngarava

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Zimco wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:37 pm
A second string india is still world class

India Squad for Zimbabwe ODIs: Shikhar Dhawan (Captain), Ruturaj Gaikwad, Shubman Gill, Deepak Hooda, Rahul Tripathi, Ishan Kishan (wicket-keeper), Sanju Samson (wicket-keeper), Washington Sundar, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Axar Patel, Avesh Khan, Prasidh Krishna, Mohd Siraj, Deepak Chahar.
Even a tenth Indian squad will be world class lol.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Donald wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:13 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
What an excellent couple of weeks! Not many (any?) of us would have put money on us winning both series. Some great performances and most have chipped in at some point - next aim for many of the boys is consistency. Loads of injuries and rotation and yet we were still very good in 4 of the 6 matches. We looked better than Bangladesh in both formats - who would have thought that a few weeks ago?!
Ngarava and Nyauchi taking the piss at the end today might have been my favourite part of it all :lol:

Great stuff, and still a couple of top order batters to return to bolster the lineup.

Well done Chevrons.

Obviously we aren't going to win any games against India or Australia. Hopefully though there will be some good individual performances and the team continues to play with the right attitude and positive mindset. It's all about the T20WC now and making sure the boys are all fit and firing ready for the first round. All of a sudden I'm pretty confident of beating Scotland, Ireland and maybe the WI there.
Never know against india. Would need all our players back who have niggles and also us to play our best cricket. It is a second string Indian side so you never know
A full strength ZImbabwean side could probably sneak in a win. But this heavily weakened squad? Na no chance. Need Muzarabani to pepper them with short ones and one extra quality batter in Ervine

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:45 pm
secretzimbo wrote:

Well done Chevrons.

WIndies blow hot and cold. The irish are chokers. ZIm could win if they dont lose their head. Scotland should defo be beaten. Even odds against the first 2 teams imo

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Googly wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:02 pm
ZC's unwavering support for Reggie is an interesting one. He certainly looks ok at the crease, but he averages 21 after 55 ODI's and has one century to his name, albeit a damned fine one. Not a fantastic career strike rate either- 68%. Plus he captains.
I guess everyone is hoping there's two Reggies out there- the pre maiden 100 and the post maiden 100 Reggie.
A few guys have reinvented themselves late in their careers, and some have even had late starts, let's hope he's got a few more timeous big innings in him.
Always this Regis conversation. He`s the best batter in the side after Williams, Raza and Ervine. Theres absolutely no point questioning it because there is no replacement at all in terms of batting alone.Add in the keeping and he`s undroppable. Cant discuss anything about him unless we somehow magically poach Dane. His average and s/r have been decent since 2019 besides 2020 where he played 3 games. A lot of ifs and buts there but the 21 after 55 games is very misleading.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:28 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:45 pm
secretzimbo wrote:

Well done Chevrons.

WIndies blow hot and cold. The irish are chokers. ZIm could win if they dont lose their head. Scotland should defo be beaten. Even odds against the first 2 teams imo
The Afghans and Saffers are also chokers. That alone doesn't say much in this context.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

I want to offer my congratulations to the faithful Zim supporters & your team with these recent successes. I note I joined the forum in 2008, just before the long awaited domestic franchise system. So much hope has been posted & much disappointment has been delivered in this time.
But the outpouring & range of emotion in the posts immediately after victory in the 2nd ODI made the eyes water.
From numbing disbelief to that realisation that it is true & a sense of the surreal, maybe?
I think I had a moment similar in 2016 when my rugby league team, Cronulla Sharks, won the comp after 50 years. Mind you, Western Bulldogs in the Australian Rules Football won after 62 years & Leicester City won the premier league for the first time since Jesus was goalkeeper for Jerusalem ALL in 2016. So, other supporters must have had this range of feelings.
I know, a long way to go. But good luck against India & in Oz. I wish I could have travelled up north. It would be the closest to the ZCF pub lunch we could get!

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

^ Great post!

Makes you wonder what on Earth Rajput was doing, and really puts into perspective just how bad he was. Houghton forever!

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:32 am
^ Great post!

Makes you wonder what on Earth Rajput was doing, and really puts into perspective just how bad he was. Houghton forever!
I’d hazard a guess and say Rajput out in little attention toward the end full stop.
And I reckon he would be one of those awkward man managers you’d just shake your head at as a senior player.

I think his game plan was more about rotation and team building than anything else. Which would have led to morale drops.

When willo retired because of him, it was pretty damning. There’s no way willo did that because only he was upset by Rajput.
It’s also damning when your captain boycotts your coaching.

If an NRL captain/ marquee in a struggling team boycotted their coach, that coach wouldn’t see out the season. It’s called ‘losing the dressing room’.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*