Zimbabwe Vs Bangladesh | 3rd ODI | 10th August 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Bangladesh | 3rd ODI | 10th August 2022

Post by sloandog »

Is williams injured?

Donald

Post by Donald »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:32 am
Is williams injured?
Attending to personal matters.

Hope he is back for India series or we are toast 😔😔

Donald

Post by Donald »

Donald wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:34 am
sloandog wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:32 am
Is williams injured?
Attending to personal matters.

Hope he is back for India series or we are toast 😔😔
Houghton juggernaut has to keep on rolling.

Be nice to see craig ervine also

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Googly wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:02 pm
I've been pumping Evans for ages and he has disappointed, but hopefully he gets a few more chances. Today with the bat was a great opportunity to get some time in the middle as there was no longer any real expectation of a win, he should have just kept playing straight and made a few runs, that was disappointing to see that shot.
Madhevere keeps getting a free pass and everyone still thinks he's an automatic selection at 3? I'm starting to find that weird, he's looking fairly ordinary to me. You can be talented, you can be the wonder boy, but at some point you have to find a way of making runs a lot more consistently than he is.
Jongwe's dismissal was rubbish as well. There's a big difference between playing with freedom and being responsible.
Wes is a difficult one to drop because of what he means to the system and he has had some success. Decent success for a 21 year old Zimbabwean. He is currently our highest ranked T20 batsman and the fact that they identified him at such a young age, played 3 u19 world cups and was relatively successful in the SA schools system as well... its hard to drop him completely. I also think BT and Williams also took some years before they became successful. Maybe 5. Wes is in his 3rd

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

In the post match interview Raza said they senior players don't want a break and that all the senior guys missing are missing because of injuries. That's interesting

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:56 am
Googly wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:02 pm
I've been pumping Evans for ages and he has disappointed, but hopefully he gets a few more chances. Today with the bat was a great opportunity to get some time in the middle as there was no longer any real expectation of a win, he should have just kept playing straight and made a few runs, that was disappointing to see that shot.
Madhevere keeps getting a free pass and everyone still thinks he's an automatic selection at 3? I'm starting to find that weird, he's looking fairly ordinary to me. You can be talented, you can be the wonder boy, but at some point you have to find a way of making runs a lot more consistently than he is.
Jongwe's dismissal was rubbish as well. There's a big difference between playing with freedom and being responsible.
Wes is a difficult one to drop because of what he means to the system and he has had some success. Decent success for a 21 year old Zimbabwean. He is currently our highest ranked T20 batsman and the fact that they identified him at such a young age, played 3 u19 world cups and was relatively successful in the SA schools system as well... its hard to drop him completely. I also think BT and Williams also took some years before they became successful. Maybe 5. Wes is in his 3rd
He has pretty decent success in t20. Not so much in odi. His attitude being a little bit eh is worrying though. Because of that he is certainly droppable in odi

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:56 am

There shouldn't really be this idea that one is not droppable, especially based on the idea that they played in the youth sides. Wes has talent, but he needs to start developing it and improving. He is plateauing I feel and you wouldn't want him to end with a career like Hammy, where it looks decent, but it could have been so much better.