Zimbabwe Vs Bangladesh | 3rd ODI | 10th August 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Bangladesh | 3rd ODI | 10th August 2022

Post by TapsC2 »

Final thought is on Evans. He still has a lot of work to do. Very expensive and has way too many bad deliveries in an over to make it at the highest level. I'm sure he will improve on that. Where is our bowling coach? Might as well give Jarvis the job if he is still on a salary

Googly

Post by Googly »

I've been pumping Evans for ages and he has disappointed, but hopefully he gets a few more chances. Today with the bat was a great opportunity to get some time in the middle as there was no longer any real expectation of a win, he should have just kept playing straight and made a few runs, that was disappointing to see that shot.
Madhevere keeps getting a free pass and everyone still thinks he's an automatic selection at 3? I'm starting to find that weird, he's looking fairly ordinary to me. You can be talented, you can be the wonder boy, but at some point you have to find a way of making runs a lot more consistently than he is.
Jongwe's dismissal was rubbish as well. There's a big difference between playing with freedom and being responsible.

Donald

Post by Donald »

We had a knackered Raza out there today plus missing ervine williams chakhabva and burl.
Think we have done great this series to be fair.
Roll on india tour

Googly

Post by Googly »

ZC's unwavering support for Reggie is an interesting one. He certainly looks ok at the crease, but he averages 21 after 55 ODI's and has one century to his name, albeit a damned fine one. Not a fantastic career strike rate either- 68%. Plus he captains.
I guess everyone is hoping there's two Reggies out there- the pre maiden 100 and the post maiden 100 Reggie.
A few guys have reinvented themselves late in their careers, and some have even had late starts, let's hope he's got a few more timeous big innings in him.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Googly wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:02 pm
ZC's unwavering support for Reggie is an interesting one. He certainly looks ok at the crease, but he averages 21 after 55 ODI's and has one century to his name, albeit a damned fine one. Not a fantastic career strike rate either- 68%. Plus he captains.
I guess everyone is hoping there's two Reggies out there- the pre maiden 100 and the post maiden 100 Reggie.
A few guys have reinvented themselves late in their careers, and some have even had late starts, let's hope he's got a few more timeous big innings in him.
I think seeing Innocent Kaia make a century in his 4th one day international must have grated on Regis. He has been knocking about on the one day scene in and out of side for 17 years without a century and the new boy comes in and knocks one out just like that.
Think Regis must have thought .... Hold my beer 😂🍻

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Time for me to break up this party.

Lovely to get the series win and in the manner we did too. The third ODI does still highlight many of our flaws though. None of our openers fired, and when Raza did not bat well, our lack of skill and depth was exposed.

Nice to have some winning momentum and be in a position in which we are not just winning the odd game, and hopefully this loss is a blip particularly with those who are missing, but time for some of these 'talented' youngsters to start really stepping up, and for some of the deadwood to make way.

Donald

Post by Donald »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:19 pm
Time for me to break up this party.

Lovely to get the series win and in the manner we did too. The third ODI does still highlight many of our flaws though. None of our openers fired, and when Raza did not bat well, our lack of skill and depth was exposed.

Nice to have some winning momentum and be in a position in which we are not just winning the odd game, and hopefully this loss is a blip particularly with those who are missing, but time for some of these 'talented' youngsters to start really stepping up, and for some of the deadwood to make way.
Not sure who the deadwood is. Kaitano had a nice few scores in sri lanka but has been in miserly form since. Marumani is young and hot headed. I think myers is actually worth investing in now as opposed to madhevere. Kaia has done pretty well overall in his 6 matches.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

What an excellent couple of weeks! Not many (any?) of us would have put money on us winning both series. Some great performances and most have chipped in at some point - next aim for many of the boys is consistency. Loads of injuries and rotation and yet we were still very good in 4 of the 6 matches. We looked better than Bangladesh in both formats - who would have thought that a few weeks ago?!
Ngarava and Nyauchi taking the piss at the end today might have been my favourite part of it all :lol:

Great stuff, and still a couple of top order batters to return to bolster the lineup.

Well done Chevrons.

All hail Dave! Amazing turnaround in just 5 weeks. Good time to be a Zim fan.

Obviously we aren't going to win any games against India or Australia. Hopefully though there will be some good individual performances and the team continues to play with the right attitude and positive mindset. It's all about the T20WC now and making sure the boys are all fit and firing ready for the first round. All of a sudden I'm pretty confident of beating Scotland, Ireland and maybe the WI there.

Donald

Post by Donald »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:38 pm
What an excellent couple of weeks! Not many (any?) of us would have put money on us winning both series. Some great performances and most have chipped in at some point - next aim for many of the boys is consistency. Loads of injuries and rotation and yet we were still very good in 4 of the 6 matches. We looked better than Bangladesh in both formats - who would have thought that a few weeks ago?!
Ngarava and Nyauchi taking the piss at the end today might have been my favourite part of it all :lol:

Great stuff, and still a couple of top order batters to return to bolster the lineup.

Well done Chevrons.

All hail Dave! Amazing turnaround in just 5 weeks. Good time to be a Zim fan.

Obviously we aren't going to win any games against India or Australia. Hopefully though there will be some good individual performances and the team continues to play with the right attitude and positive mindset. It's all about the T20WC now and making sure the boys are all fit and firing ready for the first round. All of a sudden I'm pretty confident of beating Scotland, Ireland and maybe the WI there.
Never know against india. Would need all our players back who have niggles and also us to play our best cricket. It is a second string Indian side so you never know

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

A second string india is still world class

India Squad for Zimbabwe ODIs: Shikhar Dhawan (Captain), Ruturaj Gaikwad, Shubman Gill, Deepak Hooda, Rahul Tripathi, Ishan Kishan (wicket-keeper), Sanju Samson (wicket-keeper), Washington Sundar, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Axar Patel, Avesh Khan, Prasidh Krishna, Mohd Siraj, Deepak Chahar.