Zimbabwe vs India 2022 First One day International

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Zimbabwe vs India 2022 First One day International

Post by zimlover »

Ok here we go, we have a few positives from the Bangladesh series. A lot of buzz around social media platforms about Coach Dave and his new approach.

I hope the pitch is seam friendly so that Chivanga can really let it go. Hopefully we will have speed guns, I would like to see how fast our Seamers are bowling. Chivanga seams quick he could be a hand full if he can bowl those snorters and some chin music for the Indian batsman, not forgetting Bradley I hope they bowl aggressively up front.

Let the games begin

Mueddie28

Re: Zimbabwe vs India 2022 First One day International

Post by Mueddie28 »

zimlover wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:06 am
Ok here we go, we have a few positives from the Bangladesh series. A lot of buzz around social media platforms about Coach Dave and his new approach.

I hope the pitch is seam friendly so that Chivanga can really let it go. Hopefully we will have speed guns, I would like to see how fast our Seamers are bowling. Chivanga seams quick he could be a hand full if he can bowl those snorters and some chin music for the Indian batsman, not forgetting Bradley I hope they bowl aggressively up front.

Let the games begin
I thought everyone had argeed that
Nyauchi
Ngarava
Brad Evans
Are the seam bowlers
With Jongwe competing the foursome

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Forgot these are Super League games...they should have speed guns, I hope.

Huge series. Vs Bangladesh it was Raza + a contribution from one or two others ie 8-9 guys didn't really much. 4-5 guys will need to contribute in a given game to compete with decent teams and you need 7-8 contributions to beat the elite teams.

IMO, and bear in mind I have been wrong plenty of times, buttttt IMO, ZIM has plenty of room to see progress in almost every individual player.

Right now Williams and Raza are the only two world class performers. Ervine, Blessing, Chakabva are a tier below...with everyone else falling another tier below that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya we probably need two batters to get 50 plus, and 3 to get 20 plus and the rest to weigh in with rats and mice to post
250, which is probably not enough. Then we need the bowlers to bowl out of their socks. It seems a tall order, but at the end of the day they're not superhuman. Shit can go wrong for them and right for us on any given day.
Leicestershire 2nd team beat these guys in a warm up game a couple of months ago, it's a game of cricket and anything can happen.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

This will be the lineup i feel
Marumani
Kaia
Madhevere
Williams
Raza
Chakabva
Burl
Jongwe
Evans
Nyuchi
Ngarava

Decent lineup but we will desperately miss a decent spinner and blessing here ..winning toss is very important

Googly

Post by Googly »

Please tell me we can watch this on TV??

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

We lost the toss ..for ffs

Googly

Post by Googly »

Bowling at Dhawan, Gill and Rahul will be some prospect for our bowlers. Dhawan is one of my favorite players, he's got a giant set on him. One of my best memories was being at Kingsmead and watching Dhawan facing Steyn. I'll never forget that as long as I live. Steyn was trying to kill him, and Dhawan was right up for it, it was a phenomenal spectacle.

Googly

Post by Googly »

tej_27 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:47 am
We lost the toss ..for ffs
Ratshit would have told his compadres to bowl :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

I'd have sent Ratshit to do a coaching clinic in Gokwe for a month