Zimbabwe vs India third odi 22nd August 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe vs India third odi 22nd August 2022

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:42 pm
Good ticket scam going on at the tobacco stands. Wonder if that was just an individual being inventive or what, but someone has been making decent unreceipted cash there.
Pay 5 bucks to park, 5 bucks to go thru the first gate, walk 3m and pay another 5 bucks.
:lol: :lol: That's an old one! I got done by the exact same thing about a decade or so back. T20 Vs SA if I recall. Bought a 'ticket' at the 'gate', then walked around the corner only to find the actual ticket gate.... :roll: :lol: I think we won actually, so not too bad of a day :lol:

sscricket
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by sscricket »

I had been dormant for a while especially after loss to use but I am compelled to post now after watching Evans bowl I had to comment. I have not seen him bowl before but he reminded me of McGrath close to the stumps fast nibble wrist and zippy.he is going to take a lot more than 5 wickets.best zim bowler I've seen in the last 20years. Gill escaped as Evans was largely done when he came in but excited for aus tour Evans will do a lot of damage against fragile Aussie batting

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

sscricket wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:20 pm
I had been dormant for a while especially after loss to use but I am compelled to post now after watching Evans bowl I had to comment. I have not seen him bowl before but he reminded me of McGrath close to the stumps fast nibble wrist and zippy.he is going to take a lot more than 5 wickets.best zim bowler I've seen in the last 20years. Gill escaped as Evans was largely done when he came in but excited for aus tour Evans will do a lot of damage against fragile Aussie batting
Bit of an over reaction. Evans has a lot to do to get on the plane for the World T20.

Can't be classed as better than Jarvis, Chatara, Blessing, Cremer, Mpofu, Price or Utseya. (Last 20 years).

sscricket

Post by sscricket »

Miles ahead of Jarvis ,streak even

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

You can't be serious surely?

Bags of potential, yes. But he's had 1 good game.....let's wait before we declare him the second coming?

sscricket

Post by sscricket »

That's the only game I watched if him.agreed only reason I hype him is coz he is so close to McGrath. McGrath tormented the great batsmen more than any other. Yes there was akram warne donald but no one tormented and dominated like McGrath. Even if McGrath bowled full no batsman could hit short no one could hit why? Because of zip and nip off the pitch.see same skills in evans.watch YouTube video of McGrath for refresher

sscricket

Post by sscricket »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:24 pm
You can't be serious surely?

Bags of potential, yes. But he's had 1 good game.....let's wait before we declare him the second coming?
I know Evans himself would be surprised with my appraisal but I think he has got it in his wrist

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

He clocked up to 84mph today, so he has it in him to crank it up a bit more. He bowled excellently today

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

So glad to see Evans got his fifer. Would be something that he remembers for a while.

Disappointing loss this though. Coming so close. If anything, it highlights how reliant we are on one or two guys. The rest of the batters really need to start stepping up. They can't put in one good performance every year and expect that that is good enough.

A lot of guys need to start taking things more seriously and being better. For all the talk about talent, a lot of these guys are going to waste it if they continue down this path.

Raza surely has to be the inform white ball batter anywhere at the moment.

I think another thing we have learnt is how poor we are unless the road is flat. We really need to start improving on facing the new ball, and spin (esp when we play AFG). Again, it is coming down to the same one or two guys, and that's not good enough.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Zimbabwe can rarely ever get more than two guys to perform - if we could even get four guys to put in a good showing at the same time we would win many more games.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes