AUSTRALIA VS ZIMBABWE / 2nd ODI/ 31 August 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: AUSTRALIA VS ZIMBABWE / 2nd ODI/ 31 August 2022

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:53 am
Ya all their bowlers are sharp, we're always going to struggle against their bowlers. When they played here last their seamers were really impressive.
They've got decent batters as well, but not a lot of depth.

Playing them regularly is a half decent substitute to playing big teams, but I don't see us beating them, it's a vexing problem. Imagine having Rashid Khan and Noor Ahmed as your spin duo, those guys are the real deal.
Was curious to see their T20 batting stats in the last 5 odd years...

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engin ... pe=batting

Now you have guys like Kohli and Babar who average around 50 or more at a strike rate of around 130-140. But a top class player in T20s will average 30-35, with a 130 strike rate. None of the Afghan batters are in that range.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

ilovearsenal04 wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:44 pm
So as i was just randomly scrolling through IG i found this guy‘s IG. It seems like he is from India for sure and he seems to follow a lot of Zim cricket. He is a fan (or a great troll) but yeah still a weird character:
https://instagram.com/y_v_m_naidu?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Both these things can be true.

Just a mentally ill Indian dude.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:29 am
Today's game just made me think that if this is what we are going to get from Zimbabwe 7/10 times against top boys then what exactly is the point of playing the 50 over WC? I'm sure Afghanistan will do better.

On the other hand WI, SL, Ban will at least be able to compete and cause some upsets.

ICC sucks, but then these kind of results justify a 10 team WC. No one wants to see such a pathetic contest in a world event. Not this modern generation.

We can talk all day about lack of fixtures, lack of fixtures against top teams etc. But the harsh truth is that no one is going to give you the fixtures just for charity. No one. It is pure business.

The only way you get fixtures is by performing. At least be competitive. Like it or not but Afghanistan and Ireland have pretty much the same kind of fixtures but they often punch above their weight when ever they play the big boys. That's one reason why Ireland these days are respected more than Zimbabwe in cricketing circle.

Sorry guys, I don't want to sound harsh, but this was terribly disappointing for me. If you are telling me that the likes of Munyonga are international cricketers, then I'm sorry but they are not. These players if they are turning up for the national team then they should at least be up for it. This was embarrassing like the first two ODIs against India.
I'm sorry about this post, I do get disappointed very quickly because I always want my favt teams to be competitive. What happened today explains the progress of this team.