Chawaguta interview

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Chawaguta interview

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Chawaguta revealed that he has not given up on getting the two talented batsmen back playing for the country. He had a meeting with Taylor when the right-handed batsman came back from the United Kingdom where he was playing club cricket and has also been in touch with Colin Williams, father of the left handed batsman Sean Williams. According to Chawaguta, both Taylor and Williams have shown willingness in playing for their country if a few issues are resolved.
On when he thinks Zimbabwe would be able to fulfill their obligations as a full member of the ICC and play Test cricket, Chawaguta said it was difficult to put a time frame.
The new coach’s promise to all cricket lovers in Zimbabwe as they prepare to square off against Sri Lanka in five One-Day International matches starting in Harare on Thursday is that his boys will play positive cricket and try to win at least two of the matches.
“What I can say to the cricket fans out there is that the boys are going to put up a spirited performance, try to win every game but I will be happy if we win at least two of the matches. We must realise that we are playing against a quality side,” Chawaguta said.
Chawaguta does not have an assistant coach at the moment but has roped in former Zimbabwe bowler Douglas Hondo to help him out as an acting assistant coach because of his bowling background.
http://www.sundaynews.co.zw/inside.aspx ... 2212&cat=5

1. Good, but talking won't do anything. Resolve the issues.
2. Good, the last thing we want to see is Zimbabwe batting out the overs. At least give the crowd some entertainment.
3. Hmm, can't hurt I guess. Young enough to still be playing though...