Zimbabwe Vs Australia 3rd One day international 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Australia 3rd One day international 2022

Post by secretzimbo »

This is just so cool. So very proud of the boys. Takes a lot to be whacked in the 2nd game and then come back and perform in the 3rd. Dave is doing wonders.

Burl, wow, take a bow son. Clearly worked extremely hard on his bowling over the last couple of years.

The seamers were very good up front. Ngarava bowled one terrible over but his first three were excellent. Nyauchi almost unplayable with his swing. Evans came on and did well too. Really good stuff. Burl will get all the plaudits but the seamers early on built the pressure and took the early wickets. Very good.

Of course we made it difficult when batting, I mean this is Zimbabwe after all :lol: Marumani has shown enough though, I hope more people are on board now - this kid is going to be very good, I've been backing him for years and I'm so pleased. He's been mostly out of the team but then gets thrown in to open the batting as a 20 year old, away from home against this Australia attack. it doesn't get tougher than that and in two of the games he has looked comfortable. Still threw his wicket again today, and he isn't anywhere near the finished article yet. But there's a lot to work with there.

Seriously sensible, quality captain's knock from Regis to bring us home.

Wow this is so good guys. A famous, famous victory.

All hail Dave!

Donald

Post by Donald »

I think that was brilliant preparation for the 20 20 world cup.
Well done zimbabwe on win also. Marumani would have taken so much out of this tour as well as Evans. Both should be shoe ins for zimbabwe in side next couple of years 🇿🇼😊.
Ngarava has probably cost Finch the captaincy and place in side. He had the wood over him all series. His bunny in fact

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Although winning today probably kills off any chance we ever had of playing them ever again :lol: They'll never invite us back now :lol: A bit like when Scotland beat England in 2018 so England have refused to play them since :lol:

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:25 am
Although winning today probably kills off any chance we ever had of playing them ever again :lol: They'll never invite us back now :lol: A bit like when Scotland beat England in 2018 so England have refused to play them since :lol:
I reckon it’s the other way round. This shows we can be competitive
The thought has always been that it’s a waste of time
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Donald

Post by Donald »

secretzimbo wrote:
Muku needs to make some noise rather than twitter posting 😂

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:27 am
secretzimbo wrote:
I reckon it’s the other way round. This shows we can be competitive
The thought has always been that it’s a waste of time
Haha idk. Look how they shrunk the world cup after Pakistan and England kept getting beat by Ireland/Netherlands etc :lol: :lol: And like I say England had agreed to an annual match with Scotland but quietly abandoned it after they lost :lol: Let's see though. The games in Townsville looked relatively well attended and should be good warm-ups for Australia. They should be hosting us or Ireland every year in that slot.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Also more justification for Reggie and Williams being the only captains we should ever consider. Let Craig focus on his batting and give the job to Reggie.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Jeez what a terrible review from Reggie :lol:
Burl for his safe hands likes the crocodile technique :lol:

Watching the highlights.

Having a heart attack just watching it. :lol:
Still pinching myself.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Raza hitting the pull shots up three innings in a row.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Marumani goes out playing the most terrible shots. Goes so hard at it when he doesn't need to. Gets to 30 and the scorpions take over.
This lad can play!!