Elton chigumbura

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Elton chigumbura

Post by Donald »

Is elton naking a comeback or trying to piggyback onto the 20 20 world cup squad?
Currently opening in latest T10 game.

Not adverse to it with his power hitting by the way

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Elton chigumbura

Post by secretzimbo »

Ridiculous. Playing for the so-called U23 Academy side :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anything for a $15 appearance fee hey Elton?

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

No he isn't making a comeback. And yes I would be 1000% against it if he did.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Is it true that Hami is in 1 of those T10 squads? I actually think some of those retired guys would add a lot of value to such a short format domestically. I'm sure they can still clear the ropes

Googly

Post by Googly »

What value would they add? Time to work. Its an academy side in name only. Build an actual academy.

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

Painfully watched all 3 games, the stream was poor so missed a few bits. Here is my take on the day:

Game 1
Chigumbura can still hit the ball! Was great to watch until he got out, made 30 from 18. A few cameos in the Lions innings, Madande looked good which was a positive sign. Lost his head in the end but you can’t blame him with the format.

The gladiators were very poor with the bat, just wildly swinging, including Madhevere who got bowled for only 1.

Not much else to say about that game Lions won easy.

Game 2
The top 3 for Takashinga 1 was I Kaia, k long and Kaitano. They were all shit with the bat. Shingi Masakadza bailed them out a bit with a quick fire 37. Faraz akram and young Falao were good with the ball. Falao looks like he has picked his pace up which is good.

Harare Kings batted sensibly to chase the 79 that was required. Zhuwao did his usual wild swings for a few boundaries, Campbell batted sensibly and Raza hit 5 fours in his first 5 deliveries (albeit to shit balls short down leg side.

Kings won easy

Game 3

The way mutumbami and Marumani started for great Zimbabwe i thought they were going make 200, Marumani was class against a pretty poor bowling attack. He made 39. The rest of the innings went downhill and they scraped 119. Golden for Jongwe :lol:

Takashinga 2 didn’t have a clue against Murombo, they made his dibbly dobblers look like they were facing Mitchell Starc. Murombo got a 5fer and Takashinga somehow made 63/8

Again another battering.

I enjoyed watching the cricket today. seemed like a fun day out, good to see. Didn’t see much of a crowd though. Hopefully the stream is fixed tomorrow.

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

Oops posted that in the wrong thread, will copy it across to the other one

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Dude doesn't know when to stop.