Zimbabwe T20 World Cup Squad 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tej_27

Re: Zimbabwe T20 World Cup Squad 2022

Post by tej_27 »

I don't think mqzakadza was needed unless they plan to drop one of jongwe/Evans.
This will be the 11 i think
Ervine
Chakabva
Madhevere
Williams
Raza
Munyonga
Burl
Jongwe
Evans
Ngarava
Muzarbani

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

Just a complete troll really.

I think the only way he couldn’t have been selected is because he is carrying some sort of niggle. Both Munyonga and Shumba shouldn’t have taken his spot.

After our recent spin performances from the allrounders I wouldn’t have even selected welly.

Kasuza making it to the reserves is half a year too late, he is out of form now.

Still can’t get over Marumani not in the 15 I’m in complete shock.
Last edited by CalZim on Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Man they just easily picked shumba and wellington when they just returning from injury but they can't select in form player marumani.How does it possible?

Donald

Post by Donald »

Im sorry the non selction of marumani is farcical. Boy is in the form of his life.
Selectors need to be sacked

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

It's a total disgrace. He's a better player than Munyonga, period. Shumba has been injured and hasn't done anything for a long time. Even Wes is in bad form.

In T20's, I'd pick Marumani ahead of all three of them.

It's a total joke ffs

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:26 pm
It's a total disgrace. He's a better player than Munyonga, period. Shumba has been injured and hasn't done anything for a long time. Even Wes is in bad form.

In T20's, I'd pick Marumani ahead of all three of them.

It's a total joke ffs
True words.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Yes, Marumani missing out is a shocker. Wellington, Madande, Munyonga are all needless selections. I don't know how will wellington fit in the scheme of things, he doesn't bring anything to the table which the allrounders don't. I'll be very pissed off if wellington gets into the playing XI at the expense of anyone.

Madande could so easily have been a travelling reserve, there was absolutely no need for him to be in the main squad, that is beyond any logic.

The selection is so strange that we know one of Shumba/Munyonga have to be in the playing XI because they don't have enough batters selected.

The lineup will most likely be like this:

Ervine
Madhevere
Williams
Raza
Shumba
Chakabva
Burl
Jongwe
Evans
Ngarava
Muzarabani

Basically if Wellington has to play he will undoubtedly play in place of Evans, which will be a disaster.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

The only reason why I would see them not picking him yet is because they will open with Craig and Regis plus if we look at all the games Marumani played he was fine until he played a big shot. It was always a wild swing or he lost his shape like has been mentioned on a previous thread. T20s he will have to attack immediately so maybe they think he isn't ready for the big stage compared to a milton who we saw finish a game.

Tough call especially for Munyonga but I'm assuming Munyonga is Burl's backup. Maybe in this next domestic season Tadi should try bat at 7
Last edited by TapsC2 on Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

Had time to digest the news now. It is what it is :(

My 11, assuming seam friendly conditions as usual in Aus.

Chakabva
Ervine
Williams
Madhevere
Raza
Burl
Shumba
Jongwe
Evans
Chatara
Muzarabani

Sitting out
Munyonga
Masakadza
Madande
Ngarava

9 bowling options in there, I’m presuming both Chatara and blessing are fully fit, another option is Ngarava in for Evans but think he deserves to stay in.

I honestly don’t see the point of Masakadza in this squad.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Marumani gets thrown in the deep end against Australia and does well .
Gets excluded from a number of games, which in hindsight he should have been picked for, and now not in the squad?

My 10c worth is someone in pointy shoes interfered with the selection process. He's pissed someone off or there's a favorite and Marumani is the one who gets the chop to make way.
Larry queried it then after a phone call he followed up with "makes sense really," which means it doesn't make sense. :lol:
Feeble.