Zim Tour of Bangladesh & Tri Series

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Detective RDS

Re: Zim Tour of Bangladesh & Tri Series

Post by Detective RDS »

maehara wrote:Bangladesh have named their squad for both series:
Tamim Iqbal, Zunaed Siddique, Mohammad Ashraful (captain), Roqibul Hassan, Shakib Al Hasan, Mehrab Hossain Jr, Naeem Islam, Mahmud Ullah Riyad, Mushfiqur Rahim (wicketkeeper), Masrafe Bin Mortaza, Mahbubul Alam, Nazmul Hossain, Rubel Hossain, Enamul Haque Jr
Well...Imrul Kayes,Shahadat Hussain,Syed Rasel and Abdul Razzak is missing out from this series.Abdul Razzak is suspended from bowling in the international cricket for his bowling action problem.Syed Rasel is injured currently.Imrul Kayes is definitely out for his poor batting performance,I really appreciate this decision as he has really disappointed.I don't know Shahadat has got an injury or not,if not then he will be out for his performance after picking 4 wickets in 3 tests at 73.25 vs Sri Lanka.Mahmudullah Riyad,Nazmul Hussain,
Enamul Haque Jnr and uncapped Rubel Hussain hv earned call.

hoodlum

Post by hoodlum »

thanks..hope to be around during the match! :D

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

I'm also desperately looking forward to watch the match...

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Sri Lanka named their squad in December 4th,2008.Here is the 15 players squad of Sri Lanka for the tri series:

Mahela Jayawardene(Capt),Sanath Jayasuriya,Upul Tharanga,Kumar Sangakkara(WK),
Thilina Kandamby,Chamara Kapugedera,Jehan Mubarak,Angelo Mathews,Thilan Thushara,
Farveez Maharoof,Dammika Prasad,Nuwan Kulasekara,Dilhara Fernando,Ajantha Mendis,
Muttiah Murailitharan.

If you want to see the details of the players in the cricinfo page,go to this link:

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/tri-bde ... 80807.html

This is a very solid looking squad.I think,only 1 inform player Tilakrtne Dilshan is missed out from the squad.39 years old hard-hitting and most experienced batsman of the world right now Sanath Jayasuriya is in the line up.Another opener Upul Tharanga is also named in the squad while 2 test openers Micheal Vandort and Malinda Warnapura were overlooked for the ODIs.

I think,this will be the strongest and probable Sri Lankan 11 for the tri series:

1.Sanath Jayasuriya
2.Upul Tharanga
3.Kumar Sangakkara(WK)
4.Mahela Jayawardene
5.Chamara Kapugedera
6.Jehan Mubarak
7.Farveez Maharoof
8.Thilan Thushara
9.Dilhara Fernando
10.Muttiah Murailitharan
11.Ajantha Mendis
Angelo Mathews(12th men)

zimdan

Post by zimdan »

Im really interested to see the opening ODI lineup tomorrow. If by previous selection goes, the white players are quota'd so ill be interested to see how many of the white players on tour get into the side.

In my opinion Price, Williams, Creamer should all be starters with Waller a possibility. Even though the selector is white i very much doubt Zimbabwe would field 4 Whites in the starting lineup regardless of ability. However im ready to be corrected on the day tomorrow!

On the other hand i wouldnt be suprised if Williams gets the axe because of his failing in the latest game, even though it was a 3 day one.. Again i stand to be made to look a fool, which in this instance i hope i am!

On the tri series as a whole, we will be flogged by both Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, ive lost complete faith with my failing country and the cricket team is no different. It is not the players fault and i dont blame them at all. They need cricket to survive and the fact they are talented enough to play for their country so be it and good on them.

The whole tour is going to be a farce and as much as i want them to win and as much as i will support them and watch everygame online if i can, it will just turn out to be silly and make them look even worse than they are currently looked at right now, and really how much worse can it get!?

Anyway i hope we can pick a win up at some point in the tour, however i seriously doubt it, sorry guys im a hardened zimbo still in Bulawayo but this tour should be Zimbabwes last.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

I Think bangladesh might find people like rainsford and price very tricky to score from!!. I back zimbabwe to win tommorow, That is with a full strength eleven minus freeloaders like dabengwa/Matikenyeri who only seem to score anything when their place is in jeoperdy

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Well Zimdan,very thinking post indeed!

The squad of Zimbabwe is looking good.They hv won the FC match against GP-BCB Academy 11.Price has got a hat-trick and 6 wickets in an innings.Hamilton Masakadza and Tatenda Taibu scored runs.Pacers also picked up wickets.Zimbabwe provided fight against Sri Lanka in the last 3 ODIs.These are the positive signs.So,nothing can happen!

In the fact of picking white player,I do hv a feeling that Sean Williams can be dropped as he didnt score runs in the tour match.1 thing to note for,Sean Williams wasnt picked in the final 11 in the last 2 ODIs against Sri Lanka last November.But I don't know why.Raymond Price will definitely play tomorrow.Graeme Cremer wasnt able to bowl much in the tour match.So,there is less possibility of seeing Cremer in the final 11 as there is Price,Utseya and Dabengwa are in the side too.I want to see Malcolm Waller playing tomorrow.Stuart Matsikenyeri should be dropped.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Didn't Matsikenyeri make 40 or so in the first innings against the academy? He's sealed his place for the next few months. As has Dabengwa, because he scored a few 30's against Sri Lanka.

Sean Williams will probably make way due to his failures in the academy match, and no real scores against Sri Lanka (mind you, he was batting too far down the order). I wouldn't be surprised if Waller debuts in place of Williams... ideally they would both be in the side, but I don't think it will happen that way.

Just like Detective RDS said in one post, I can't wait for this match to start. You think of Aust/Eng or Aust/India games as being the most highly contested series, but Zimbabwe and Bangladesh have been fighting hard for a long time to stay off the bottom so I think this will be a hard fought contest. I would love it if we clinch a win in a high scoring match (from both teams, 300+), the entertainment value would be high, I'm looking forward to some great cricket.

Bet365 betting odds:
To Win The Match Bangla' v Zim'bwe - 1st ODI
Bangla' 1.36
Zim'bwe 3.00
No doubt the odds will lengthen if Williams is dropped. So if you're a betting man, probably worth keeping an eye on that website.

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Well...brmtaylor.com admin,Matsikenyeri did score 42 in the tour match against the Ban Academy side.Scored a well made 39 in the winning match against Bangladesh and even in today's match against Sri Lanka he made the highest individual score of 15 which is the only double figure score of Zim.Actually the fact is that Matsikenyeri isnt amoung my favourite players as I was never so convinced abt his batting.

Let's look where he stands today.In 81 ODIs he scored 1530 runs at 20.67 with 8X50.He is yet to make an ODI century,in his List A career he hasnt got a century under his belt and averages 22.31 with 18 50s.

But he will definitely stay in the team for a good period of time after returning to form and also keeping eyes over his 8 test appearance experience of representing Zimbabwe.

In Sean Williams prospecive,I think he will be dropped in the next match and Malcolm Waller will make his ODI debute.He played today's match but scored only 8.He didnt play with a good technique today for which he was out bold after going backfoot and missing the ball.

Sri Lanka scored 210/6 in today's match against Zimbabwe.I think,runs arent coming in this pitch.It is likely to be a low scoring bowling pitch.So,I amnt so sure that 300+ runs will be made in this pitch unless the sporting pitch is being made.

In Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium,Mirpur in Dhaka where is the games are being played on,300+ score was made by India and Pakistan in the Kitply Cup 2008.Highest team total in this ground is 330/8 by India.

These are the links of the two match:

http://content-www.cricinfo.com/kitplyc ... 45469.html
http://content-www.cricinfo.com/kitplyc ... 45471.html