[Match Thread] 6th Match: Zimbabwe v South Africa

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: [Match Thread] 6th Match: Zimbabwe v South Africa

Post by zimlover »

zimbos_05 wrote:
jimbo wrote:is it just me or has Utseya been rather unaffective in these matches either as a container or a wicketaker?

Im with you on this one. Ive found he has become rather ineffective for a long time now. Probably getting a bit too stale and needs to take a break, work on his game and come back stronger and better.

Performance last night was below par from a team that we know are capable of much better. Cant rely too much on the top 3 to perform. Cremer has really impressed me this series, with both bat and ball. Lets hope he keeps growing.

One thing we need to work on apart from foot movement when at the crease and not playing across the line, is our bowling. We had so many different bowlers yesterday. Also, Muzhange came in very late and Mpofu, who looked good, only got one over. No need to chop and change between bowlers, pick a solid core, build on them and you keep improving and getting better.
True Utseya , chigumbura have been ineffective as allrounders, i was abig fan of chigumbura but it seems he has been very stagnant as an allrounder and has been gettin very little runs on the board and his bolwing has gone the other way, also not forgeting that both players have been zim captains. I confidently pick creamer over chigumbura and utseya any day considering the current form. Also was watching teh 2007 world cup match between Ireland and Zim, these boys have really grown into man an i think its time they show it.

Zimfanatic69
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Zimfanatic69 »

eugene wrote:Great news that we are in the final. I look forward to victory over South Africa. Too bad that Craig Ervine has had a wretched run in this series.

Craig Ervine is [something]

I have always said it. I am right.

He is [something] of the highest order.

Edit: post reported, edited out inappropriate language
A talented batsman but a modest, hardworking character, Stuart Matsikenyeri is the third of three school friends from Churchill Boys High School, Harare to represent Zimbabwe in international cricket. - Cricinfo.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Zimfanatic69 wrote:
eugene wrote:Great news that we are in the final. I look forward to victory over South Africa. Too bad that Craig Ervine has had a wretched run in this series.

Craig Ervine is [something]

I have always said it. I am right.

He is [something] of the highest order.

Edit: post reported, edited out inappropriate language

Craig Evine will come right and prove his doubters wrong.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes