Ben Curran

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: Ben Curran

Post by TapsC2 »

I also fear the likes of Welch and Dane will have to do the same. Welch has only played 32 official games so far of which some I think were in Zim, Dane has 18

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:09 am
I also fear the likes of Welch and Dane will have to do the same. Welch has only played 32 official games so far of which some I think were in Zim, Dane has 18
Both out of contract btw, with no news yet.

Schadendorf dominated in twos - I think he finished as the leading 2nd XI scorer this season so there will be counties interested. If he has any sense he would leave Notts - he will never get games there with the coaches son in on nepotism.

Welch probably wants to leave Leicester - bizarre how they've treated him. Not sure whether many counties will be queueing up for him though.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:07 pm
TapsC2 wrote:

Schadendorf dominated in twos - I think he finished as the leading 2nd XI scorer this season so there will be counties interested. If he has any sense he would leave Notts - he will never get games there with the coaches son in on nepotism.

Welch probably wants to leave Leicester - bizarre how they've treated him. Not sure whether many counties will be queueing up for him though.
Just my opinion, but Nick may have missed a trick here by not returning before Ben. Not an issue if he gets another county gig but he was in a decent spot to negotiate a return.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

^ Agreed, but ZC including Houghton have made it clear recently there will be no 'negotiating returns' for anyone. Come to Zim off your own back and show why you deserve a national contract - is the message to all.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Not sure Ben Curran will be much of a gamechanger, but always good to have someone with his experience entering the player pool.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

Marshmallow wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:11 am
CalZim wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:14 am
Curran played in a warm up match for the rocks against An Eagles ‘A’ team and made 69 :D
Scorecard?
Eagles A 219/10(36.2) vs Rocks 215/10(36.4). Eagles A won by 4 runs Full Scorecard: https://matchscorecard.page.link/fJwtGzjC9NfxEpZ99

Zimbabwe Cricket App : https://tinyurl.com/yxm33fah

Think that works, I have shared it from the app

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

69 to Ben Curran, good start

Cosetz
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Cosetz »

Nick Welch to join Eagles according to their coach Dougie Hondo. And another Caribbean player.

jontym87
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jontym87 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:07 pm
TapsC2 wrote:

Welch signed a new contract with Leicestershire
Professional troll feeder since 2011 :P