[Match thread] Zimbabwe vs South Africa - Final

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Flower power
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [Match thread] Zimbabwe vs South Africa - Final

Post by Flower power »

Consistency is what we now need to maintain ....if a team starts to win and contnues winning it becomes a habit even on bad days .....
Well done Zimbabwe...............

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Fantastic win. Offical or not, 1st team or not, this is a big win for our boys. Nice to not only win at home, but in front of a bumper crowd and to do it against a arguably very strong SA squad.

We need to keep momentum and a cool head and keep working on our game. Need to iron out the things that didnt work and improve on the things that did.

Also, credit to the crowd. Massive crowd for an unofficial series and they were perfectly behaved. Swarmed the field after the win, which brings back memories of a time when i once swarmed HSC, but then got off the field without any hassle. Magnificent fans.

Need to build on the fanfare from this now.

Yorker
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Yorker »

It was so amazing to see the RRR go down from 7.2 RPO to as low as 0.3 RPO at the close!

shanealbertt

Post by shanealbertt »

According to my sense of knowledge, I think the offical capacity of HSC is 10,000 but that was before the redevelopment. At a guess i would say that the ground is 75-80% full so between 7 and 8 thousand which is a great effort for a cricket match now days in Zimbabwe..

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

shanealbertt wrote:According to my sense of knowledge, I think the offical capacity of HSC is 10,000 but that was before the redevelopment. At a guess i would say that the ground is 75-80% full so between 7 and 8 thousand which is a great effort for a cricket match now days in Zimbabwe..

Spam bot alert!
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I've deleted that spambots account.

I read somewhere that the attendance for the final match was 11,000. That's a fantastic effort for a series which was supposed to be low profile. As zimbos_05 said, huge thumbs up to the supporters.

Yorker
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Yorker »

I think cricket has gained considerable acceptance in zim in the past few years. I invited my 'non-cricket' friends to the earlier matches and they made an effort to come on their own for the rest of the series!