ZImbabwean SASSU 08 & S.A National club champs players?????

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
udubslegend

ZImbabwean SASSU 08 & S.A National club champs players?????

Post by udubslegend »

Currently running in Stellenbosch South Africa there is the annual universities tournament which in effect is a mini provincial competition which plays strength for strength as they are plenty franchise players within the varsities in the super league there are 6 Zimbabweans playing including two from Western province and a lad from KZN...they have put in performances that the committee is considering the eligabillity of selecting some of them for South African varsity representative team which would pave way for further inclusions.

Whilst unnoticed two of the player shave played first class cricket here in S.A and one even made it for the National club championships which is the mecca club competition where top clubs from each province play against each other.The company and competition there was quiete tough as there we overseas club pros and Proteas players and one Zimbabwean came out in the top 8 bowlers of the competition and the top spinner...

MY QUESTION IS ARE PEOPLE BACK HOME AWARE OF THIS AND DO THEY KNOW THE DOMINATION OF ZIMBABWEAN BORN PLAYERS IN S.A PRO/VARSITY CRICKET??????

based on your national teams recent peformances i think you need some of htese guys who twe as S.A have developed for you...or better yet if the committee approves we will claim them like we claimed Beast Mtawarira and some other rugby boys....pity...your loss our gain

tlse

Re: ZImbabwean SASSU 08 & S.A National club champs players?????

Post by tlse »

university of pretoria known at tuks is the new champion with kyle jarvis former zimbabwe under 19 playing for tuks. He is the son of malcolm jarvis.

Kopje
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Kopje »

udubslegend wrote:Currently running in Stellenbosch South Africa there is the annual universities tournament which in effect is a mini provincial competition which plays strength for strength as they are plenty franchise players within the varsities in the super league there are 6 Zimbabweans playing including two from Western province and a lad from KZN...they have put in performances that the committee is considering the eligabillity of selecting some of them for South African varsity representative team which would pave way for further inclusions.

Whilst unnoticed two of the player shave played first class cricket here in S.A and one even made it for the National club championships which is the mecca club competition where top clubs from each province play against each other.The company and competition there was quiete tough as there we overseas club pros and Proteas players and one Zimbabwean came out in the top 8 bowlers of the competition and the top spinner...

MY QUESTION IS ARE PEOPLE BACK HOME AWARE OF THIS AND DO THEY KNOW THE DOMINATION OF ZIMBABWEAN BORN PLAYERS IN S.A PRO/VARSITY CRICKET??????

based on your national teams recent peformances i think you need some of htese guys who twe as S.A have developed for you...or better yet if the committee approves we will claim them like we claimed Beast Mtawarira and some other rugby boys....pity...your loss our gain
Yes i personally have followed and attended a few games. I think ZC needs to look at some of these players. I think best thing is to forward a list of the players and their stats to ZC, so they take a look...if they care about the interests of our team that is.

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

I dont think ZC does care abt it.Its very sorrowful that Zimbabwe born young players are leaving the country and playing cricket in countries like England or South Africa.It will take 4 years provided that they want to play for other country rather than Zimbabwe.Many former Zimbabwean players are playing club cricket in foreign countries especially in the UK and some of them hv become 'THE STAR' of their club.I reckon,the list will be very long,at least consist of almost 50 players if the former players r included too.I think they should be included as most of them are still young and eligible sufficient to represent Zimbabwe in the highest level of cricket.