Age-Group Sides in Namibia

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Age-Group Sides in Namibia

Post by maehara »

Haven't posted this to ZCN yet as I'm not sure how likely it'll be that we'll see the results of these, but the national age-group squads (U19, U17, U16, U14) are away for their annual trip, although this year it's to Namibia instead of the usual South African trip. The 63-strong group is led by Kevin Curran, now ZC's "high-performance coach", with the sides due to play a mix of 50-over and 20-over matches. Results if I get 'em.

tlse

Re: Age-Group Sides in Namibia

Post by tlse »

can you give us all the squads who are in namibia?

maehara
Administrator

Post by maehara »

tlse wrote:can you give us all the squads who are in namibia?
Sadly not - ZC haven't named them in full. All they've said about this trip is in this small article on their website.

Usually get partial results once the tour is over, but I wouldn't guarantee it.

tlse

Post by tlse »

I'll try to contact the zc board to know the different squad but since 1 week no reply. May be nobody work in the zc or they are sleeping; this is the second or third time I contact them without reply. i think lovemore banda the communication manager must resign. the zc must advertises for a new communication manager too

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

I think,everywhere in the ZC indiscipline is going on.ZC must be changed for the good for cricket.Cricket is really hampered for the weak administration and lack of responsibility of ZC.

maehara
Administrator

Post by maehara »

Contacting ZC is usually a waste of time - I've tried to get scorecard and squad information out of them several times over the years, and never once had a reply. Considering they apparently have the largest "media department" of any Full Member board, that's ludicrous. But there you go. The Herald and the Chronicle are usually the best places to get such things, as their cricket reporters get "special treatment"...

tlse

Post by tlse »

some news about the under19 team in namibia. They won 5 out of 5 in the squad, andew lindsay, craig dollar pj moor nathan waller all from st johns college, tino mutombodzi from churchill who was part of the last u19 world cup like pj moor and dylan higgins brother of ryan higgins from st georges; these info are communicate from one player of this team.