Breakthrough players for 2022-23 season

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Breakthrough players for 2022-23 season

Post by zimfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:02 pm
Can't see from that distance. Could be Frost as rumoured but idk
Yeah Frost I think.

I see Williams has been picked for the BPL. I am surprised Ngarvra has not got a gig yet.

Donald

Post by Donald »

zimfan1 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:00 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:02 pm
Can't see from that distance. Could be Frost as rumoured but idk
Yeah Frost I think.

I see Williams has been picked for the BPL. I am surprised Ngarvra has not got a gig yet.
Ngarava has been really good. The brainless bowling against india in last match with those wide yorkers might not have helped his case

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Donald wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:55 pm

Ngarava has been really good. The brainless bowling against india in last match with those wide yorkers might not have helped his case
Yeah, honestly, as a coach if I saw that, I would not be offering him a role. Josh Little would be ahead of him, or even some of those Afghan pacers. They were pinpoint against the Aussies.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:34 am
Donald wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:55 pm

Yeah, honestly, as a coach if I saw that, I would not be offering him a role. Josh Little would be ahead of him, or even some of those Afghan pacers. They were pinpoint against the Aussies.
One of the Afghan boys got a BBL deal
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Its good that Williams picked up a gig. It will probably motivate him to keep playing. We need him and Raza until 2024.

As for Ngarava he was a bit unlucky I think. The Afghan bowlers are way ahead but he is decent. Josh Little is good too. I think there is room for all of them. A lot of these leagues are going to start clashing soon. Ngarava has also shown he can smack a 6. These days nobody wants a number 10 or 11 who can't score a boundary in T20s.

The weird case we have in my opinion is Blessing. He was amongst the top wicket takers at the world cup and in the super league but he is nowhere near his best. One can only wonder the kind of damage he will do when he actually finds some consistent form.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:47 am
Its good that Williams picked up a gig. It will probably motivate him to keep playing. We need him and Raza until 2024.

As for Ngarava he was a bit unlucky I think. The Afghan bowlers are way ahead but he is decent. Josh Little is good too. I think there is room for all of them. A lot of these leagues are going to start clashing soon. Ngarava has also shown he can smack a 6. These days nobody wants a number 10 or 11 who can't score a boundary in T20s.

The weird case we have in my opinion is Blessing. He was amongst the top wicket takers at the world cup and in the super league but he is nowhere near his best. One can only wonder the kind of damage he will do when he actually finds some consistent form.
Already loads of top end talent from overseas are pulling out of the BBL
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement