T20 World Cup 2022 | 16th Oct - 13th Nov

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

T20 World Cup 2022 | 16th Oct - 13th Nov

Post by secretzimbo »

So as well as the specific match threads for Zim games, I suppose we need a general thread for non-Zim matches and any general discussion.

I'll start off with this random (and typically chaotic Zimbabwean) - 'send off' at the airport https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?re ... 0781602923

Starts from about 7 mins in.

secretzimbo

Re: T20 World Cup 2022 | 16th Oct - 13th Nov

Post by secretzimbo »

Listen to the vice-chair banging on about all sorts of nonsense, and then you realise why our cricket has been such a mess for such a long time :lol:

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I was about to start this thread as well :lol: . Thanks SZ!! We definitely need this.

Now folks I have a very strong feeling that we will see some upsets in Round 1, I don't know why but I feel both Namibia and Netherlands will push SL and both Ireland and Zimbabwe will push WI.

I have been watching some of these West Indies games and atm they look very vulnerable, again I'm not getting carried away here, WI are still favts to go through but all I'm saying is that it is very much realistic and possible that both Ireland and Zimbabwe qualify from this group.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Sri Lanka just won the Asia Cup. If anything, they'd be favorites to breeze the fuck past the minnows in Round 1.

Bangladesh are lucky they aren't in Round 1 - very smart ploy by the BCB to jump past SL in the rankings and avoid prelims by hosting AUS/NZ second string sides on shitty dustbowls that bear no semblance to any T20 wickets anywhere in the world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

My high school kids can produce a better video. The production on this video is shocking. Who is that guy at the end, what on earth is he on about?

Does anyone know if we got a new kit for this tournament? All the other teams have released brand new kits.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

https://sportspavilion.lk/en/1146/break ... -postponed

Sl and Zim playing a warm up on the 11th
Last edited by slcricfan1 on Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:38 pm
I was about to start this thread as well :lol: . Thanks SZ!! We definitely need this.

Now folks I have a very strong feeling that we will see some upsets in Round 1, I don't know why but I feel both Namibia and Netherlands will push SL and both Ireland and Zimbabwe will push WI.

I have been watching some of these West Indies games and atm they look very vulnerable, again I'm not getting carried away here, WI are still favts to go through but all I'm saying is that it is very much realistic and possible that both Ireland and Zimbabwe qualify from this group.
Yeah everyone sucks right now lol. Will be some great upsets hopefully

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Can't comment much on other sides, but Bangladesh are terrible. If they were in the first round, they would be at serious jeopardy of not qualifying to the Super 12 round. 10 years of the BPL has produced zero talent in both batting and bowling departments.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:06 pm
Can't comment much on other sides, but Bangladesh are terrible. If they were in the first round, they would be at serious jeopardy of not qualifying to the Super 12 round. 10 years of the BPL has produced zero talent in both batting and bowling departments.
They’ve always struggled with power hitting,

Sri Lanka are similar, Thisara was on ya massive hitter but I don’t remember many others like him.

Pakistan & India have produced their fair share
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:57 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:06 pm
They’ve always struggled with power hitting,

Sri Lanka are similar, Thisara was on ya massive hitter but I don’t remember many others like him.

Pakistan & India have produced their fair share
Yeah. Lankans didn't have too many power hitters, but they had class batters with Sanga, Dilshan, Jaya and their spin attack was always solid.

Pakistan haven't has too many big hitters apart from Afridi. They've had bowlers who could throw the bat a bit, buy mostly won with on the back of their bowling strength.