Security Issues

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kopje
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Security Issues

Post by Kopje »

West Indies just toured Zim and left without a scratch or a security threat, i don't see why England, Aussie and New Zealand can't tour. As long as you stay out of trouble and politics, your stay in Zim is guranteed to be peaceful, its different from places like Pakistan where you get suicide bombers and militias in some parts of the country. If they insist on neutral venues, places like South Africa, Dubai and India will do.

farhan

Re: When a Fixture Isn't a Fixture

Post by farhan »

Kopje wrote:West Indies just toured Zim and left without a scratch or a security threat, i don't see why England, Aussie and New Zealand can't tour. As long as you stay out of trouble and politics, your stay in Zim is guranteed to be peaceful, its different from places like Pakistan where you get suicide bombers and militias in some parts of the country. If they insist on neutral venues, places like South Africa, Dubai and India will do.
well kopje you are completely unaware of reality about pakistan, its a peacefull country did ever any player been attacked by millitants or killed in pakistan? .
on the cricketing terms i will favour the tour of eng to zim will go ahead though its higly unlikely due to english govt stance.

Kopje

Post by Kopje »

farhan wrote:
Kopje wrote:West Indies just toured Zim and left without a scratch or a security threat, i don't see why England, Aussie and New Zealand can't tour. As long as you stay out of trouble and politics, your stay in Zim is guranteed to be peaceful, its different from places like Pakistan where you get suicide bombers and militias in some parts of the country. If they insist on neutral venues, places like South Africa, Dubai and India will do.
well kopje you are completely unaware of reality about pakistan, its a peacefull country did ever any player been attacked by millitants or killed in pakistan? .
on the cricketing terms i will favour the tour of eng to zim will go ahead though its higly unlikely due to english govt stance.
You are the one taking it too personal. Did i say anyone was killed? Did i say anyone was attacked? I am just commenting on some events which happened in some parts of the country, i didnt say the whole damn place is dangerous. Read and understand before you quote other people!

maehara
Administrator

Post by maehara »

::puts Admin hat on::
Let's keep it civil, please, folks.

farhan

Post by farhan »

kopje

You are the one taking it too personal. Did i say anyone was killed? Did i say anyone was attacked? I am just commenting on some events which happened in some parts of the country, i didnt say the whole damn place is dangerous. Read and understand before you quote other people![/quote]
i can say u took it perosnally my friend i was just commenting on the fact that paskistan is peacefull country thats all,i knew there are troubles in some parts due to some political reasons and thats not even in pak you cna find it in Srilanka,INDIA and many other countries .

maehara
Administrator

Re: Security Issues

Post by maehara »

Going to lock this bit before it gets too inflammatory. I'll settle for pointing out that there are a number of countries on the cricketing circuit apart from Zimbabwe where security issues could be raised if sides wanted to be picky, but that in all cases the relevant boards have the local knowledge and security staff to make sure that nothing has ever happened to touring sides. As such, "security issues" tends to be a euphemism for "we don't like you / your government" - but that's sport these days.

Locked.