Zimbabwean Wicket Keepers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Zimbabwean Wicket Keepers

Post by CalZim »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:31 am
Oh, didn't notice he was already in the list.
:lol: Made me double check, I was like I’m sure I wouldn’t miss him :lol:

CalZim

Post by CalZim »

TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:00 am

How do you rate Tsiga overall with the bat and gloves? Does he have an outside chance?
Tsiga can be a good player but doesn’t have the temperament, he loses his head quickly with the bat, seems to get himself in then play a ridiculous shot. His technique is okay though and he seems a stronger bat than most.

I like his glovework, seems steady and has good hands. Being tall helps in some situations, not always against the spinners though.

He doesn’t always keep anymore which is a shame (mainly because of mutumbami, they tend to rotate) although he has kept wicket so far for the rocks in the Logan cup.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Personally don’t really rate Tsiga as a keeper , he’s so tall!! Like you say it’s an issue standing up the stumps to the spinners. Richmond is better with the gloves imo.

CalZim

Post by CalZim »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:13 am
Personally don’t really rate Tsiga as a keeper , he’s so tall!! Like you say it’s an issue standing up the stumps to the spinners. Richmond is better with the gloves imo.
Yeah Richmond is more agile, that’s probably why he takes the gloves mainly in the one day stuff where you really have to be on your toes.

Richmond is also a better bat so it’s hard to compare them really. It does seem a 2 horse race between him and Gumbie….jokes Madande :lol:

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

From my memory of watching Richmond keep, he was tidy v the seamers but spilt the odd chance against the spinners?

This was a while ago and he may have improved, much like Regis has over the same time period. Also IIRC Richmond always kept in front of Regis when they both played.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:58 pm
From my memory of watching Richmond keep, he was tidy v the seamers but spilt the odd chance against the spinners?

This was a while ago and he may have improved, much like Regis has over the same time period. Also IIRC Richmond always kept in front of Regis when they both played.
Richmond used to be better with the gloves than Reggie but the latter has improved like a fine wine over the years.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Shame that Shoun Handirisi has lost his contract and fallen out of the game this year. Genuine world-class keeper potential with the gloves, but just really couldn't bat at all and had a questionable attitude off the pitch.

CalZim

Post by CalZim »

Going reopen this thread and update rankings after a discussion in another thread

Googly

Post by Googly »

Probably going to have to add Dane Schardendorf to the list at some point. Have a feeling he will come back.

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

Madande in all formats for mine , a rising star 🌟