Zimbabweans in franchise league

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Zimbabweans in franchise league

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:02 am
More Nepal T20;

Reports that some overseas players raised concerns over 'strong suspicions' of match fixing by some local players after the first few matches last week - organisers threatened overseas stars with nonpayment and sanctions if they continued to raise concerns.....
Oh Dear. This is terrible. Good on Raza that he returned as soon as he realized this is shit. Burl should not have stayed this long.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Oh dear
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Players should be wary of every bloody T20 league, they can't just go mad about money and get into stupid stuff. I can get many job offers but I need to use my mind to decide what is best for me.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Raza is in Bangladesh for the BPL, I thought he was going straight to the UAE but he’s played his first game for Rangpur Riders scoring 12 off 10 at No.4 before taking 2/23 off his 4 overs.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/ban ... -scorecard

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Raza should get two more games in for the Raiders before returning to Zimbabwe for the 1st ODI v Ireland on January 18th.

He’ll have time to return for the last 6 games for Rangpur once the ODI series wraps up on the 23rd, although the ILT20 kicks off on January 14th.

With the BPL wrapping up with the final on February 16th, although Raza’s Riders could be finished as early as February 10th. But the ILT20 finishes around the same time, so he’s definitely got a tough decision to make.

Throw into the mix the Windies Test series which kicks off on February 4th and finishes on the same day as the BPL final February 16th.

Considering the ODI series finishes on the 23rd of January and the Test series starts on February 4th, taking away travel days that only gives Raza 9 days in between, so I don’t see how he can head back to either Bangladesh or to Dubai to play maybe 2-3 t20s before returning.

I won’t be surprised to see Raza skip the Tests v Windies and head to Dubai, it makes the most sense as you’d assume that’s his biggest pay packet of the three gigs. Also that window after the ODI series is his only opportunity to play for the Capitals, so if he hadn’t committed that window to playing for them what’s the point of him signing on at all?

There will also be a clash for Raza when the home series v Netherlands is scheduled for the same week the IPL kicks off, although you’d think Punjab would let him miss one week of a 10 week tournament.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:35 am
There will also be a clash for Raza when the home series v Netherlands is scheduled for the same week the IPL kicks off, although you’d think Punjab would let him miss one week of a 10 week tournament.
Absolutely no chance of him missing any of the IPL at all.

I thought there was a ban on full-member international cricket during the IPL window anyway? That series may have to be rescheduled yet again. Unless that ban/rule only applies when two full members are involved?

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:04 am
jaybro wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:35 am
Absolutely no chance of him missing any of the IPL at all.

I thought there was a ban on full-member international cricket during the IPL window anyway? That series may have to be rescheduled yet again. Unless that ban/rule only applies when two full members are involved?
I could be wrong, I’m only going off the ICC FTP schedule

https://resources.pulse.icc-cricket.com ... o-2027.pdf

To me that says the Dutch tour is the 3rd week of March and the IPL starts on March 10th.

Donald

Post by Donald »

When do zimbabwe start its qualification for 2024 20/20 world cup?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Donald wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:08 am
October in Namibia

Donald

Post by Donald »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:27 am
Donald wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:08 am
October in Namibia
Lets hope Marumani is fully into the groove by then. We have a lot of nurdlers in this side which worries me. Should be ok against associates though